Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having problems with sleep with Sierra?

I'm successfully running Sierra using this board and it all works great except sleep. The machine goes to sleep fine, but when I wake it up it restarts. I've tried darkwake=0, no dice.

I did a clean install as this is the first time I've used Clover. UEFI boot mode, Realtek v2.2.1 network driver and Nvidia injected, system definition iMac 14.2.

Last edited:
Yes, my Z100 motherboard based systems have the same problem - wake-up from sleep causes a reboot. I haven't found a fix yet.

Fixed the problem. You have to use "darkwake=0" in the Boot Arguments. See Post #11 for more information > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-post-install.203236/page-2#post-1354169

Thanks but as I said in my post above I did try darkwake=0 but I'd only tried it from the Clover boot screen, so I tried adding it in to my config.plist instead. Still no joy - my machine resets when it wakes up.

Come to think of it, I'd recommend the UniBeast method installing Sierra over your existing install after you back it up. Upon completing the installation, run MultiBeast for Sierra for your configuration. MultiBeast will install an updated version of Clover and the appropriate kexts.

The Direct Update method was used before UniBeast & MultiBeast were updated for Sierra. So using the Uni/MultiBeast method saves you time and frustration. :thumbup:

This method worked really well, I ended up using a iMac13,2 definition because of the 3770k. iMessage still doesn't work though, even after this guide. Everything else seems to be working correctly though.

Update on my sleep problem - it started working. Perfectly. I'm not sure why.

However, it only worked perfectly for a few days - now it's waking up again after going to sleep!

Sigh :rolleyes:

Are you guys having luck with the ALC887/888b kext from Multibeast with Sierra? In Yosemite I had to use the older style kext with patched SSDT. I have no audio with the kext included in 9.0.1

Hello everybody. A few years ago I did my first hackintosh by following the Moarfish build. These are my configurations:

- Gigabyte GA-B75m-D3H
- Intel Core i7 3770
- 4 x 2 Gb DDR3 1600
- HD 4000
- Current system: Mountain Lion

A simple configuration, as you can see. Everything has been working like a charm until today, but some software I want to update or install ask for a new system. I've read that I have to change my System Definition (MacPro 3.1) in order to be able to download Yosemite or Sierra or... from the AppStore. Is it true?

May I ask you about the best way to proceed? Which one should I have to choose: Yosemite, Capitan, Sierra...? And what´s the way to do: do I have to insert some kext before the installation or do I have to do something special? Do I have to do a clean install or a install from the scratch or it would be enough with a combo update or something like that?

I´m completely noob in this world, I´m sorry. I really need your best advice.

Thanks a lot and sorry about my bad English.

Last edited:
To download and use Sierra, you'll need a supported System Definition like iMac 14,1 (for on-board graphics, the default is 14,2 in the new MultiBeast). Apple, in Sierra, stopped supporting Apple Macs, iMacs and laptops prior to 2010. You can change your SysDef with MultiBeast (for the system you're now using).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back