Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be display problem. Are you using a display card or the built in HD4000?
If you use a separate display card, it should be the display card problem. Go and check out the graphic section of this forum for help.
If you are using HD4000, make sure you are not using the VGA port. It will never work. If you are using HDMI or DVI port, it should work. If you are not working connecting to the DVI port, try these:

1. switch off and then on your monitor to see if it works.
2. or Unplug the DVI cable and plug it back again.

It the above works. Edit the boot plist file to the desired resolution. It should be ok.

I am connected via DVI. I am using HD4000, but rebooting the monitor and resetting the DVI connection is not clearing up my problem :(

That's true, the boot up is really fast...but the logo is shown the same :D ...I want just....perfection :D

I am connected via DVI. I am using HD4000, but rebooting the monitor and resetting the DVI connection is not clearing up my problem :(

Did you have the correct BIOS settings?
Try reset to default and set SATA to AHCI only and boot.

Check your display card memory setting as well.

I have the the same CPU as yours, same motherboard(B75M-D3H) and HD4000 and I got ML 10.8.2 working on the first try. Basically,

1. Make a boot-able 10.8.2 USB using latest unibeast.
2. Boot with USB, and install 10.8.2 to your new drive
3. Reboot, still boot into USB but choose new drive
4. Download latest multi-beast and use the instruction on the first page (Thanks Moarfish ;-) ) as guideline to choose options in multibeast. I use the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless card instead of the integrated NIC card so I didn't check the kext for NIC.
5. Reboot
6. Boot directly to the new HD.
7. install the new chimera 2.0 to fix the messages issue.

The machine belongs to my 9 yrs old daughter so I didn't have much time to test the system out but so far so good.-

Perhaps your motherboard version is different than mine (mine is 1.1, I think) or some settings in BIOS are different. I leave everything as default, except changing from IDE to ACHI and turn on virtualization for Parallels. So far, this setup is the easiest one I ever tinker with ;-)

Cheers,

TTB

Perhaps my BIOS version is not correct, but I did set my boot to ahci.

Perhaps my BIOS version is not correct, but I did set my boot to ahci.

No. The point is not the AHCI. I mean reset the BIOS setting to Default and make the only changes to make is SATA to AHCI, leaving everything in default settings.
I want to make sure you have the built in graphics in the default settings.
The internal graphic memory should set to 64M or your system will show no display like yours.

When booting to Windows with these settings is the HD4000 memory limited to 64M too? Games seem to work OK so there is no max limit?

No. The point is not the AHCI. I mean reset the BIOS setting to Default and make the only changes to make is SATA to AHCI, leaving everything in default settings.
I want to make sure you have the built in graphics in the default settings.
The internal graphic memory should set to 64M or your system will show no display like yours.

Thank you for the responses Moarfish; I will use your recommendations tomorrow and hopefully get everything working!

When booting to Windows with these settings is the HD4000 memory limited to 64M too? Games seem to work OK so there is no max limit?

I don't know. I do not dual boot with this build. Mac OS X only.

I have a question with an issue I'm having. I didn't have a friend to use their Mac to get Mountain Lion, so I bought a copy of Snow Leopard with the intention to install that, get Mountain Lion, and update to that. I got Snow Leopard up and running using the iBoot method. I accidentally downloaded the update for 10.6.8 instead of 10.6.6 that is marked in the "Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide", used that, and then used MultiBeast for Snow Leopard 3.10.1. Everything was good up until I had to reboot the computer in which it just sat there for a half hour. I got impatient and powered down via the power button (I know I probably shouldn't have). Now when I go to start up, it stays at a gray screen with the Apple logo in the middle. Can someone advise me if I can fix this or if I have to reinstall from scratch. Thanks!

Intel i5 3570k
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (CML16GX3M2A1600C10)
EVGA GT640
Samsung 840 250GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back