Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, i have a simlar build

i'm a newbie to scene. I just completed by first ever hackintosh and its working wonders.

I had no problems whats so ever installing both mountain lion and windows 7 dual boot all good there.

My Build:

GA-B75M-D3P
Intel i5 3570k
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3
Intel HD 4000 onboard.

all i want is to get HDMI audio. now i know its a do it yourself guide but it just doesnt make any sense.

i dont have a clue on any of it.forgive me

i hope somebody can give me a step by step guide or put me in the right direction of completing this last hurdle.

Thank you.
Dal.

Moarfish,

thanks for all the help! I finally have got my parts together and almost ready for installation (possibly after the Christmas rush):

Components
Apple OS X Snow Leopard DVD @ Apple Store
Apple OS X Mountain Lion @ Mac Apps Store
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Intel Core i3 3225 Processor 3.3 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Corsair 8 GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive
Asus EN210 GF 210 1gb

Already Owned
Dell Dimension 5100 Case (Heavily Modded)
Philips 19" LCD VGA Flatscreen Monitor
Dell Wired Keyboard
Del Wired Mouse
Xbox 360 external HDDVD Drive

Anything specific I have to look out for when installing or should it go pretty smooth with the install guides here?

Robert

The two items that might give you a problem on installation are your graphics card and Dell optical drive. The Asus EN210 GF 210 might be too old and the Dell optical drive might prevent your system from properly performing sleep/wake-up.

If your 210 gives you problems, install with out it using the on-board DVI port since your processor supports HD4000 which is "stronger" in performance than the 210. See this graphics card hierarchy chart for more info. http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-right-now-hierarchy-chart-toms-hardware.html

That's why I recommend the DVI motherboard port. If your monitor is old, get a DVI to VGA active adapter. But, the writing is on the wall, so to speak, you need to a modern monitor if it doesn't have a DVI or HDMI or DisplayPort connector(s).:thumbup:

Moarfish,

Do you or anyone else here have the instructions/settings for the current version of Multibeast 5.2.1 when using this mother board with the EN210 as you started with? I have already broken one clean install, and now have another ready to update to 10.8.2 I do not want to restart or update until I know what to do with multibeast exactly, Or Should I just use the old multibeast 5.0.2 and follow your instructions?

Robert

Components
Apple OS X Snow Leopard DVD @ Apple Store
Apple OS X Mountain Lion @ Mac Apps Store
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Intel Core i3 3225 Processor 3.3 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Corsair 8 GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive
Asus EN210 GF 210 1gb
Philips Lite-On DH-24ABS62B

Already Owned
Dell Dimension 5100 Case (Heavily Modded)
Philips 19" LCD VGA Flatscreen Monitor
Dell Wired Keyboard
Del Wired Mouse

I am reaching out, because I have purchased the same hardware except the computer case is different and I am using a 2TB seagate hard drive.

The two problems I have are; I can not set in the BIOS the memory profile to 1 so the ram will run at 1600MHZ. If I do the system will not boot properly and the onboard video is garbled.

So I changed the memory profile back to default, installed OS X and updated 10.8.2. Applied Multibeast 5.2 as per the image (except the ethernet driver isn't listed anymore as Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6. for 10.7... Anyways this is my problem..

Is will not boot from the hard drive no matter what. I installed Chimera, didn't work. I installed Chameleon and it didn't work. Can someone give me advise on how to get the computer to load and boot from the bootloader? Thank you for any help I am grateful.

Hardware used
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H Revision 1.1 (BIOS: F11 2012/08/23)
Intel Core i5 3570K Processor
PNY XLR8 16 GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800)

A bunch of us are in the same boat. Ive got 10.8.0 installed and do not want to reboot or update until I get this figured out. I have been looking at several threads for help. It may be our board is unable to update to 10.8.2. Not sure if this will work but I am gonna try installing from 10.8.2 so I do not have to update:)

Otherwise I will keep waiting.

Robert

The two problems I have are; I can not set in the BIOS the memory profile to 1 so the ram will run at 1600MHZ. If I do the system will not boot properly and the onboard video is garbled.

So I changed the memory profile back to default, installed OS X and updated 10.8.2. Applied Multibeast 5.2 as per the image (except the ethernet driver isn't listed anymore as Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6. for 10.7... Anyways this is my problem..

Is will not boot from the hard drive no matter what. I installed Chimera, didn't work. I installed Chameleon and it didn't work. Can someone give me advise on how to get the computer to load and boot from the bootloader? Thank you for any help I am grateful.

For the memory, I have no idea what to do. I just set Profile 1 and it just works.

For the hard drive, you are buying the wrong hard disk.
Chimera do not support hard disk larger than 1TB. That's why you cannot boot.
There is two solution for this, one is to boot from a USB drive everytime you boot. Second is, Sadly, buy another harddisk and keep your 2TB harddisk as DATA drive.
Check the CustoMac guide for harddisk recommendation. May be you want to buy a SSD too.

A bunch of us are in the same boat. Ive got 10.8.0 installed and do not want to reboot or update until I get this figured out. I have been looking at several threads for help. It may be our board is unable to update to 10.8.2. Not sure if this will work but I am gonna try installing from 10.8.2 so I do not have to update:)

Otherwise I will keep waiting.

Robert

I am successfully running 10.8.2 with the combo updater. Follow my guide on the front page.
The New multi beast using the same settings as the old one. Just the Ethernet driver have changed the name. Read the Change log for the name change issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back