Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio

Moarfish thanks for sharing this build got my first hackintosh build up bcause of this thread. I have everything working except audio. I used the same multibeast setup as yours but sound still does not work...btw im running Lion 10.7.2.

awesome budget build, can you test HDMI with HD4000?

This is a great budget build and I'm about to buy it.... I'm just curious, can you try to get dual monitor support with both DVI and HDMI using HD4000? That is a must for me.

Thanks!

Thank you very much. I will go and check the graphic section and find the best graphic card.:D

One more question from noob, according to your guide, you use userdsdt without DSDT file, why?

I do not know the detail but as I know 7 Series Gigabyte board got UEFI that support OSX, so no DSDT file is required and Sleep will still works. You can look at those Gigabyte Z77 thread, all of them run UserDSDT without the DSDT file and it works great. It is the same case as this board.

Look at this thread by Tony in the buying advice section for details about it:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...gigabyte-uefi-sleep-wake-no-dsdt-testing.html

Moarfish thanks for sharing this build got my first hackintosh build up bcause of this thread. I have everything working except audio. I used the same multibeast setup as yours but sound still does not work...btw im running Lion 10.7.2.

Inside the multibeast options there is a different ALC887, one is called Legacy ALC887 one is called Current ALC887. May be you will need new Kext to gain support for the "Current ALC887". I got it working under 10.7.4. Why not update your OS and try?

This is a great budget build and I'm about to buy it.... I'm just curious, can you try to get dual monitor support with both DVI and HDMI using HD4000? That is a must for me.

Thanks!

OK. I will try and get back to you.
As I know, even if the HDMI do not work under GraphicsEnabler, you can still get the HDMI working thru EFI String or DSDT modification. Look at the graphic section HD4000 official support thread for the detail.
So it would be OK. The problem is just more or less homework to do. It is just the VGA port got no solution yet.

I just completed my first build with the same motherboard and had the same trouble with audio. Follow these steps from http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/57737-easy-guide-multibeast-realtek-alc8xx-audio-lion.html
The motherboard is the 887, so use easybeast (no dsdt), current (not legacy) for the sound and these options with the same ethernet

B. EasyBeast (No dsdt)
1. Select System Utilities
2. Select ALC8xxHDA
a. If you have a legacy (Revision 100202) of 887 or 888, Select ALC8xxHDA for Legacy
3. Select AppleHDA Rollback
4. Select Non-DSDT HDAEnabler/ALC889
5. Verify 3 audio plus System Utilities checkmarks
6. Select Continue
7. Select Install
8. Enter password
9. If successful, restart

Nice build Moarfish :)
I may move on to Ivy Bridge in a couple of months because I need a second system.

Great build and write-up! I was able to build a mostly similar system as well and it's running beautifully.

I used the same motherboard (it was readily available and economical in Japan), same CPU, and only using onboard graphics with Mountain Lion.

Just some detailed caveats:
- as Moarfish mentioned, mute doesn't work for onboard sound
- some noise seems to come through to the onboard sound.. not sure why
- HDMI seems to cause problems booting (it halts during bootup, but as soon as it is unplugged it boots fine - DVI works fine regardless)
- internal hard drives don't have the internal icons (they are orange without the USB or Firewire logos)
- MacOS X Mountain Lion recognizes the machine as 2008 Mac Pro.. not sure if it's good or bad..

Great build and write-up! I was able to build a mostly similar system as well and it's running beautifully.

I used the same motherboard (it was readily available and economical in Japan), same CPU, and only using onboard graphics with Mountain Lion.

Just some detailed caveats:
- as Moarfish mentioned, mute doesn't work for onboard sound
- some noise seems to come through to the onboard sound.. not sure why
- HDMI seems to cause problems booting (it halts during bootup, but as soon as it is unplugged it boots fine - DVI works fine regardless)
- internal hard drives don't have the internal icons (they are orange without the USB or Firewire logos)
- MacOS X Mountain Lion recognizes the machine as 2008 Mac Pro.. not sure if it's good or bad..

For internal hard drives don't have the internal icons, You can fix it with this setting:
rMhC9.png

For 2008 Mac Pro, should be fine if everything works for you.
You can change the it in multibeast as well. However, 2008 Mac Pro work the best in most of the case.

Thanks Moarfish for the advice! I now have internal drive icons :)
I have also updated my build with a Firewire card on the PCI bus (it was on blowout sale) and I built the roll-you-own Airport Extreme PCIe card with a Mini-PCIe adaptor and a Atheros WiFi card.

By the way, did you ever get HDMI working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back