Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, first post so go easy on me! I have followed the instructions by Moarfish but every time I run multibeast I cannot boot from HDD after. I have searched and read a lot of various approaches but i have not been able to solve the issue. I have installed and reinstalled multiple times but I can't get Mountain Lion to boot from HDD. I am using an i5 3550k CPU and Radeon HD 6670 GPU. Any help would ebe greatly appreciated as all this is still quite new to me

Your information is limited. It would be better you boot in verbose mode ("-v" during boot in Chimera) and give us the screen shot on where it hangs.

With the difference only involve the CPU and the graphic cards which cause it do not boot, I think the problem are from the graphics.
For the CPU 3550K, I cannot find information about this CPU in Intel Web Site. It got 3550 and 3550S in intel web site but I cannot find 3550K. Please just make sure what kind of build in graphics are using for your CPU.

If it is HD2500
Go to your BIOS and disable on board graphics and boot again. It it still cannot boot, it may be your graphic card problem.

If it is HD4000
Remove your Radeon and try to boot by your on board graphics. If it boot successfully, go to the graphics sectino of this forum and search for your Radeon card for solution. You cannot just search for HD6670 without the brand and model. Each AMD Graphics card got different issue to deal with.

Thanks for the quick reply Moarfish. I made a mistake when I said 3550k. It is just 3550. It has HD2500 graphics but when I disable onboard graphics it still won't boot.

My card is VTX Radeon HD6670. It seems to be working fine though as I can install the ATI6000 series kext and get full resolution.

My problem arises every time i use multibeast. The boot always hangs with a flash followed by the gear spinner logo just freezing.

I am away from the machine now so i will upload the picture of the screenshot using verbose mode. All I know is it says something like CPU type unknown x03a or similar. Not sure if that helps

Hi Moarfish, here is the photo you requested. It shows where my boot fails after installing userdsdt/no dsdt. I have the same motherboard as you but every time i apply the dsdt option through multi beast i am unable to boot after. Everything else is working 100%, i just cant get my system to boot from HDD. Sorry for being a torture and thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 678
Hi Moarfish, here is the photo you requested. It shows where my boot fails after installing userdsdt/no dsdt. I have the same motherboard as you but every time i apply the dsdt option through multi beast i am unable to boot after. Everything else is working 100%, i just cant get my system to boot from HDD. Sorry for being a torture and thanks for looking

Try GraphicsEnabler=No and see if it can boot or not.

Try GraphicsEnabler=No and see if it can boot or not.

You sir, are an absolute f***ing legend. I have been reading about this issue for a long time and never imagined something so simple would fix it. Thank you so much mate. I really appreciate your time and help on the issue.

Help please! I've got the same config as topic author. With only difference in SSD. My is 120GB SP V70. Instal using tony manual. After first boot I've got resolution 1024x768 all working fine > next I instal MultiBeast 5.1.2 with recommendations from fist post > reboot > after I've got native resolution 1920x1080 with my iiYama X2377HDS and all seems to be working fine BUT! > after next reboot I've got picture as in attach and helps only next booting with flags GraphicsEnabler=No or -x.
Why this happening? Why after first reboot everything is ok and resolution is 1920x1080, but after second reboot pictures crushes?

Monitor connected with DVI cable

Attachments

• Photo 19.10.12 14 19 49.jpg
    Photo 19.10.12 14 19 49.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 310
Help please! I've got the same config as topic author. With only difference in SSD. My is 120GB SP V70. Instal using tony manual. After first boot I've got resolution 1024x768 all working fine > next I instal MultiBeast 5.1.2 with recommendations from fist post > reboot > after I've got native resolution 1920x1080 with my iiYama X2377HDS and all seems to be working fine BUT! > after next reboot I've got picture as in attach and helps only next booting with flags GraphicsEnabler=No or -x.
Why this happening? Why after first reboot everything is ok and resolution is 1920x1080, but after second reboot pictures crushes?

Monitor connected with DVI cable

You should leave the GraphicsEnabler as Yes and try GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32

it look something like:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

also make sure you have the correct BIOS settings as I say in the first post.

I find info about my problem in this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/80-native-support-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-hd-4000-geforce-6xx.html it says that Mountain Lion has native support of hd 4000 but for full support needed to unplug and replug DVI cable. This is really helps :) After booting I see pictures like in my previous post but after unplug and replug DVI cable everything is going ok and I can see a normal desktop with native resolution.

So the next question is how to solve this problem to not always unplug and replug DVI cable? The answer is:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

It's really helps!!! Thx a lot! I guess this information should to be added to the firsts page.

The new problem :)
I have wifi usb dongle on Realtek RTL8191SU chip. I downloaded official drivers for 10.8 from Realtek http://www.realtek.com.tw and install them. But after reboot I've got an error that wireless network can't start, I press skip and go to settings. The Realtek RTL8191SU is red and not working.

Is there any way to solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back