Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia GT 1030 works with web driver in High Sierra.
Change BIOS into Win 8.
Disable CSM support.

And the Mac pix pascal card patch just working file with High Sierra.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 9.52.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 9.52.01 PM.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 129
I noticed something wonky about this motherboard.
I usually do not turn the power off for 2 weeks, etc. But recently, I was not able to pass the BIOS screen, and it just stalls there.

I had no choice but to pull the BIOS battery out and hope it would lost all memory, etc.

Then I got a halted on not found OpenCore, etc. I suspect either the SSD is having problem or the mobo is showing sign of aging.

I fixed it by forcing flash the BIOS, and it all worked again..

Is there a way to swap out the mobo and still be able to use my CPU, memory. etc.?

Thank you.

I currently have this build (roughly the same motherboard, Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, built in HD 4000, USB audio device, 16GB RAM, Western Digital SSD). It's running High Sierra, with Clover. (Originally built it running Mountain Lion. Feels like forever ago.) The HD 4000 is "Metal" compatible, no?

What's the recommended procedure for installing Big Sur? (Is Big Sur compatible?) I'd like to keep High Sierra on the existing drive and add a new SATA SSD for Big Sur, and dual-boot, at least for a while...

OpenCore has a well written instruction to load Big Sur for the HD 4000- the last "gift" from Apple.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back