CPU
i5-661
Graphics
GT 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[FIXED] ML won't boot after installing Win 7

Hi,

I've had ML 10.8.4 installed for a few weeks, and yesterday I shrinked its partition to free some space for a Win 7 installation. After the Win 7 installation, the bootloader was gone of course, so I downloaded the latest iBoot version for ML, burned the iso file, and booted into it. Then I chose the ML partition and used these flags, which are also in the chameleon plist file of the ML partition:
GraphicsEnabler=0
npci=0x3000

And then I tried the above one by one, and also both with darkwake=0, which is also present in the chameleon plist file.

Anyway, after all that text is shown in Verbose mode, the computer simply reboots, no matter the combination of boot flags.

I have a DSDT for my mobo and a GTX 660 non-Ti gpu.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I've had ML 10.8.4 installed for a few weeks, and yesterday I shrinked its partition to free some space for a Win 7 installation. After the Win 7 installation, the bootloader was gone of course, so I downloaded the latest iBoot version for ML, burned the iso file, and booted into it. Then I chose the ML partition and used these flags, which are also in the chameleon plist file of the ML partition:
GraphicsEnabler=0
npci=0x3000

And then I tried the above one by one, and also both with darkwake=0, which is also present in the chameleon plist file.

Anyway, after all that text is shown in Verbose mode, the computer simply reboots, no matter the combination of boot flags.

I have a DSDT for my mobo and a GTX 660 non-Ti gpu.

Thanks for any help.
iBoot will not work. iBoot is for Snow Leopard.
Use rBoot or your UniBeast USB installer to boot the machine.

Thanks. Do I need rBoot or rBoot LE?
Update: Nevermind, LE stands for Laptop Edition which I don't need.
I'll update you with how it goes.

With rBoot, I am getting a new error, regardless of boot flags: Mach-0 file has bad magic number.

UPDATE:
Good news, folks. I booted using rBoot and the following flags: -F (to ignore the chameleon plist file), GraphicsEnabler=No and npci=0x3000.
Why did I have to make it ignore the plist file is beyond me, but after reinstalling Chimera using unibeast, it works just as before, with the same plist file.

Thanks for the help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back