Contribute
Register

ML: UEFI HDMI audio, no dsdt edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ...

@toleda
I was thinking when I come evening from work today, I'm going to completely reinstall ...
For Mavericks I use this multi beast 6.0.1 ...
it would be useful at the point equal to try a DSDT? - But since I have absolutely no idea about - there is a finished file for the GA-Z77N WiFi (F2) + i5 3570K that I can incorporate?
Again many THANKS for the effort ... and a blessed day

1. The feature identifies the Capri framebuffer to inject and does not support patching of a framebuffer. For any HD4000 Desktop, inject 0A006601 or IntelCapriFB=10.
2. For Chimera, see
New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Clover supports framebuffer injection and framebuffer patching.

Thanks for the response Toleda! Will the fact that it's just an injection and not a patch prevent me from having HDMI audio?

If I use IGPlatformID=0A006601 that should work the same? It seems like it but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for the response Toleda! Will the fact that it's just an injection and not a patch prevent me from having HDMI audio?

If I use IGPlatformID=0A006601 that should work the same? It seems like it but I just want to make sure.
Depends on which port the HDMI connector uses, Port 0x7 is OK for HDMI audio. Port 0x5 or 0x6 require framebuffer patches. Chameleon uses an integer as a reference for the framebuffer, i.e., 10 for 0A006601.

Depends on which port the HDMI connector uses, Port 0x7 is OK for HDMI audio. Port 0x5 or 0x6 require framebuffer patches. Chameleon uses an integer as a reference for the framebuffer, i.e., 10 for 0A006601.

I am trying to install this on the Thunderbolt i3 NUC (HD4000)

hi toleda,

I have now made ​​several attempts with new installations, but again no sound over HDMI!

:banghead:
I believe that the error in Multi Beast installation happens - but where?

I would say briefly what I in turn do everything ...

- Boot from the stick (UniBeast 3.0.1 - OSX 10.9) + delete old Inst with Disk Utility + new + Inst OSX reboot on Stick ...

then the system looks like this: View attachment 1.iojones

( the computer is only connected via HDMI to the Samsung TV ...)

- Then preparing the DSDT according to your instructions (link from post 84)
... though I can not understand what is meant by:
  • When you see Chimera splash screen, press enter
  • Type "DSDT=null"
I just voted in the selection of the newly installed boot partition and then spacebar + DSDT = null and Enter ... hope that was so right!

- Then MaciASL.app ... according to the instructions but not for ASUS but for Gigabyte (Z77N WiFi) ... and the third patch is for HD4K ... (the other would be illogical to me - right?) - see: View attachment DSDT.aml

- Then install multi beast 6.0.1 with DSDT + supplements ... see:
Bildschirmfoto 2014-02-08 um 01.05.10.png

... then reboot ...

NO HDMI sound!

System looks like this:
View attachment 2.iojonesBildschirmfoto 2014-02-08 um 01.24.42.pngBildschirmfoto 2014-02-08 um 01.19.33.png

... what struck me - your HDMI patch is based on the system of Devinition macmini 5.1/6.1 - my anber is recognized as a MacPro 3.1 ... can hang with it together?

LG and thanks again for the effort ... hope we crack this thing yet ... :rolleyes:

PS: I just saw that there is a new multi-Beast ... should I try everything in order again - it makes a difference?

HI,

after suffering with ML and Multibeast 5.5.5 i have upgraded, and have to say 0.9 is very nice and more responsive.

Everyhing works, great, Even ProTools crahses less often.

Still i would like to get the audio over HDMi to work.

I have tried this beautifully created instructions, but failed.

I don't get audio over my HDmi through GTX 760. That is i don't see it as an option under my system pref.

-removed the HDA Enablers from s/l/e
-didnt remove anything from org.chameleon.boot.plist (i don't know what an property injection would be)??
-downloaded the SSDT, renamed it and copied to /Extra
-enabled SSDT, adding the code as described, with TEXT EDIT??
-rebuild kernel Cache
-restarted/no HDMi under SYSPref

What am i doing wrong?

I noticed that some users with the same or similar builds as my own were successful from the start.

10.9.1/Multi 6.1
Z77-Up5-TH
i3770k
GTX 760

Thanks for any info, and Toleda for patience:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back