Contribute
Register

ML: UEFI HDMI audio, no dsdt edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing. Works perfectly.

Z77X-UD5H
GTX 660

Thank you, it works flawlessly with my Onkyo receiver and monitor speakers. Unfortunately I cannot use onboard audio.

Z77X-UD3H
GTX 650

Works great on GA-Z77-DS3H and Gigabyte HD 6870. Many thanks.:clap:

Arggg :banghead: I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. Followed the installation instructions to the letter and still no HDMI audio (HDMI video terrific). Maybe someone can steer me in the right direction.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi, 8GB RAM
BIOS Version: F2
CPU: Intel i5-3570k processor
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
ASUS PB238 1920x1080 display via HDMI (HDMI audio works on Win 8)

Brand new, fresh install of 10.8.2, updated immediately to 10.8.5 prior to starting the HDMI audio procedure.

HDMI / DisplayPort Output listed under System Report, Audio, Intel High Definition Audio

Television: Yes listed under System Report, Graphics / Displays

However, HDMI audio does not appear in available audio output devices in System Preferences, Sound.

Verified Intel 4000 video on 0x7, audio on 0x5, 0x6 via IOJones
(PEGP@ffff, GFX0@2 and HDEF@1B are all there, too.)

(I am seeing the message "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable" under acpi-device under each of those items. Don't know if that is related or not.)

I downloaded audio_ssdt-uefi_hdmi_v3.zip from first post.

Extracted SSDT-1.aml and copied it to Extra folder.

Renamed the file to SSDT.aml. The only other file in Extra is smbios.plist along with three folders (Keymaps, modules, Themes). Nothing else in there. I deleted org.chameleon.Boot.plist before installation (does smbios.plist have to be deleted also?)

I hope that's enough info to get started. Any ideas?

Thanks.

After messing my dsdt file up once, reinstalling, and doing it again... it works! Now I have a great OSX HTPC. Thanks a million - love it.

hdmi audio was working fine and one day it goes out. the display isnt in the sound output settings anymore. hdaenablers are deleted. check out my ioreg please

gaz77xud5h
hd4000 graphics
i5 3570k
CA 500m

Attachments

• MoM’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 214
wait try this ioreg

Attachments

• MoM’s Mac Pro 2.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 209
Status