Contribute
Register

ML: UEFI HDMI audio, no dsdt edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
it starts different than what's in your document: "iASLF7naXh.aml"
Installing the DSDT... Do I have to add any strings to the org.chameleon file?
If you have a question about the dsdt, attach the dsdt. Post #1 of the linked thread notes BIOS and org.chameleon.Boot.plist changes. The reason it does not work is you have not done anything that makes it work. Read Post #1 and add/change every item noted.

Attached DSDT.

I have tried removing GraphicsEnabler from my org.chameleon.. no change. Boots the same way - frozen desktop and last verbose line is NTFS volume name , version 3.1. If I disable the IGFX in bios, I can boot fine...

I don't know what a 'property type injection" is. I'm not a programmer. I have searched the internet for the terminology, but did not find anything specific to my org.cham.

I do quite a bit of research and practical before asking questions. I've been at this since Friday.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    45.6 KB · Views: 108
After waiting for 10-15 mins, the desktop becomes unfrozen. Disconnected and reconnected HDMI, no sign of HDMI audio working. (Did 'One Step' guide) So far I have the applied patches with DSDT, and the SSDT.

Advice?U

Update:
I have three monitors working with the help of DBP's tweaks. Didn't need the Hexcode String he has there though.

Still no HDMI audio... not sure why.

Hey Toleda,
i appreciate your help so far. I've attached a zip of all the necessary files. Hopefully this will iron out the kinks. I also need to address some other warnings, hangs and issues. Is there a forum section on here where people look at these files and help me streamline bootups and snags, or would I have to address each issue individually?

Issues:
+Boot menu (triple system with separate hard drives - ML, Win7, WinXP) waiting for me to press a key (since HDMI work and ML update from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4)
+Booting stops at different lines - screenshots attached. And so far only booting with -v seems to work.
+Monitor display settings are forgotten upon reboot: HDMI wallpaper reset, arrangement, and sometimes 'mirrored' is checked.
+HDMI audio is not working, but Intel High Definition Audio - Audio ID: 3 shows up in system profiler.
+Bluetooth works 60% of the time (sometimes Asus dongle is not lit during bootup and therefore unavailable when system has reached desktop). Bought a GYMLE to work around this, but I can't get it to work at all.
+Current boot time takes around 2 minutes (not using an SSD drive).

Thanks.

Attachments

• My Info.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
Hey Toleda,
+HDMI audio is not working, but Intel High Definition Audio - Audio ID: 3 shows up in system profiler.
Capri has major problems. Install native, no edits are required.
Onboard audio is not working, what did you select in MultiBeast?
Fix onboard and reply with new IOReg.

All other issues are off topic.

I think I selected ALC898 under the with DSDT (as I was using a DSDT) - Couldn't boot, another poster with same motherboard said it worked for them, so I tried it.

I ran Capri again. Also went back to Multi-beast and installed ALC898 without DSDT

The hang at the bluetooth line happens when the bluetooth dongle is plugged in. I can boot through fine without it. 3 Displays, but 3rd (HDMI) always needs its resolution adjusted from 'best for display' (which is garbage/folded over display) to Scaled 1080p.

Attachments

• New_IOReg.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 99
I ran Capri again. Also went back to Multi-beast and installed ALC898 without DSDT
What do you mean? "I ran Capri again"
Audio is broken. Try MultiBeast 6.0 or newer - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT √ ALC898. Reply with new IOReg.
Other issues are off topic.

I thought you meant 'your capri has major problems' (as in a capri string, file, property, or something in one of my files.

Multibeast 6 for ML 10.8.4??? I am using 5.5.5

Also, 5 minutes ago, only change I made was to add 1920x1080x32 to org chameleon.. boot stopped at Win7 NTFS version 3.1

I reset the computer... it booted again - changed nothing. Why the random hang?

I thought you meant 'your capri has major problems' (as in a capri string, file, property, or something in one of my files.

Multibeast 6 for ML 10.8.4??? I am using 5.5.5
No. Console errors, S/L/E/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
My mistake, OS X/10.8.4 > MultiBeast 5.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back