Contribute
Register

ML: UEFI HDMI audio, no dsdt edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

could you please help me with ml hdmi audio? i posted a short while ago here i think i included all needed files there. is there anything really obvious i could have missed?

thanks in advance!

I'm a little stuck here.

Hi there, could you look at these files and see where I've gone wrong?
1: Gigabyte GA Z77mx-D3h/ th F3 bios/ i3770 /GT640/ 10.9.2
2: audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd4k-amd-nvidia-3_v5
4: see attached.

I understand the OB audio will not work, I have a usb DAC for that.
I've disabled the OB Video.

Thanks. Ben..

Attachments

• bensmac.zip
    371.6 KB · Views: 95
How do I undo the "Capri framebuffer for port 0x6" - I think it f'd up my ability to boot with both PCI and IGFX enabled. After completing the guide, i can't get both cards to work together. Thought it might be this as it was the only thing I did after I had the HDMI port working on the HD4000. Either that, or I have a bad kext. What can I delete, or refresh to start over, without having to reinstall?

Thanks

Both guides say 10.8.x or newer? Could you advise on how to undo the changes I made from this guide, if necessary please? Do I need to revert, or can I just begin the guide you linked to?

I appreciate your guide, it's quite technical, so I might not understand all the changes I'm making.

Thanks.

I was confused by the graphics instructions at the end of the guide. So I can just continue on with the graphics guide, no backtracking needed?

I still don't see any HDMI audio, however. When I enable the IGFX, I only get as far as the apple logo (boot stops at "NTFS volume name , version 3.1"

When I disable the IGFX, ML boots normally.

Something I want to be clear on - I definitely need to use a DDST and/or SSDT for this, even though I didn't need one for my motherboard when I installed ML?

I'm about to restart... but please my most recent post about org.chameleon changes. thanks.

Update: I've been carrying on with the link you pointed me to. This is my definition block - it starts different than what's in your document: "iASLF7naXh.aml" ?? I'm guessing that's unique to me.

Installing the DSDT... Do I have to add any strings to the org.chameleon file? What specifically is a property injection? My org.chameleon is below. What should I add or delete? Thanks.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>