1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I am trying to install ML with Unibeast 1.5.3 on my new PC:
Asus Sabertooth x79
Intel I7 3930k
GTX 680

I followed the Unibeast 1.5.3 Mountain Lion guide also including Legacy USb but then when I try to install using this boot parameters
-v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=32 (i have tried a combination of npci=0x3000, cpu=1 and -f)
(I hav also set my bios SATA Configuration to AHCI Mode and in Onboard Device Configuration the ASM1061 Storage Controller to AHCI Mode )

the above boot parameters are the only one that gets me to the installation screen as without some i get PCI Configuration or Waiting On Root Device.

Once there the keyboard and mouse don't work properly. They start fine in the initial Language screen but then it seems like they get stuck (especially the mouse) they become very unresponsive. The keyboard starts on but after getting to choosing the drive to install to it just gets stuck like the mouse and i cannot continue.

Once i managed to start the installation but then the progress bar kept again every second freeze and start again. once it reached half of the installation it froze and got stuck. I left it alone for 3 hours and then i had to eventually reset the PC.

Has anyone else managed to install it on this motherboard with similar spec.

I have been building hackintosh since Intel version of Tiger but never had this many problems and doesn't seems to be anyone in any forums using this motherboard.

Any help would be appreciate it, thank you in advance

I'm also using the Asus x79 sabertooth, and am having similar issues.
I can get ML to install, but can't boot without -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 .
Using the above string i've been able to use multibeast 5.0.2, but after trying numerous different options, i've still had no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back