Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I've got a little problem bringing digital audio to work. My specs:
- GA-H67MA-D2H-B3
- HD3000
- ML 10.8.2 (Mac mini system definition)
- DSDT is edited for HDMI audio layout-id 3
- used AppleHDA 889 alpha (already tried the Terminal command on page 18 -> no success)

Audio works perfekt through HDMI and optical out, but no digital audio at all.
What can I try to make it work?
Your Audio MIDI Setup screenshot is not helpful. What are the choices under Format/2 Channel - 24 Bit integer?
The edits in ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha - Page 18 are correct. Try again.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I added two screenshots hoping they will help.
I will also try to reapply the patch

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 173
Hi!
I can't believe it:
Digital audio works now with optical out (but not HDMI witch is not awful).
But in Audio there are only 2 ch shown
My receiver shows dts an all channels, is this normal?

Last time I tried the patch there was no audio output. Everything looked fine but no sound came out and in VLC there were no options for audio devices.

Attachments

• audio.tiff
    109.9 KB · Views: 145
Hi!
I can't believe it:
Digital audio works now with optical out (but not HDMI witch is not awful).
But in Audio there are only 2 ch shown
My receiver shows dts an all channels, is this normal?

Last time I tried the patch there was no audio output. Everything looked fine but no sound came out and in VLC there were no options for audio devices.
Audio MIDI Setup always shows 2 channel. Your receiver is telling the truth. No audio usually means a bad edit or an improperly installed AppleHDA.kext. If your signature is correct, the i3-2100 is HD2000 and won't support HDMI audio.

Then I must have messed with the AppleHDA somehow...
The signature is correct, but for a different hackintosh I'm using.

Thank you very much for your awesome work!!

I am getting an error in AppleHDAWidget Sound assertion at line 2175
so this filling my log know how I can fix this?
My codec is ALC272.

I am getting an error in AppleHDAWidget Sound assertion at line 2175
so this filling my log know how I can fix this?
My codec is ALC272.
If you get sound on your codec, ignore the sound assertion. If you don't get sound, the AppleHDA.kext does not support your codec.

Yes I have got sound but these AppleHDAWidget Sound assertion error in line 2175 at the time.
Consider yourself very lucky it works. The kext does not support your codec. Your choice is no sound and no errors or sound with errors.

It is not a bug, it is a communication problem. You talked about HDMI audio edits and HD3000 HDMI audio and never mentioned optical digital out. Why not HDMI audio?

The 889 Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha can be edited for encoded digital audio. The ML edit is different than Lion.

1. Make a backup of your installed ML_AppleHDA-Alpha.
2. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
3. Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal
$ cd Desktop
$ ls (optional to verify AppleHDA.kext is on the desktop)
$ sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x89\x08\xec\x10|\x80\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
Enter Password
$
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
$ exit
4. KextBeast (installs the edited AppleHDA,kext)
5. Restart.
6. Verify Audio MIDI Setup/
Audio Devices/Built-in Digital Audio/Format/Encoded Digital Audio

Hi Toleda, first of all, thanks for your hard work and support in this forum. I did the modifications shown above to have the encoded digital audio option in 889, it works great with my receiver (Old one without HDMI) but I lost the "headphones" option, it was replaced by "internal speakers" is this something that can be fixed while still keeping the encoded digital audio option? I want to be able to hear audio through the headphones when I don't want to use the receiver. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back