Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
dsdt attached is taken from the that thread
This is helpful. Two important differences; 1. dsdt/HDEF edits and 2. no HD3000 HDMI audio codec. There are several dsdt experiments that would quickly determine the best HDEF edit. Regarding the HD3000 HDMI audio codec, I believe that is the phantom codec that appears in HDEF. A different set of experiments will be required.

Perhaps Craigrox is available to run the dsdt experiments.

sounds interesting. what would the experiment be?

ill message him directing him to this thread.

I would be more than willing to do some testing to help others out, I just need to install ML on a separate drive which I'm getting hold of tonight hopefully.

toleda, there was a strange problem when we tried with the HDMI audio working - I have a quote from you on my build page if you cant remember exactly, could this be related to the codec?

Hi toleda my heartiest congratulation for ur hard work . I put this post for a doubt clearance I am using Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L mobo with the DSDT from our database this Mobo only have three output in back (Pink (Mic), green (Audio out), Blue (Line in) and two in friend. I am using Realtek ALC 8xx driver with DSDT and audio working perfectly with green output. I have a creative 5.1 speaker system can i map (convert) these three out put to use with my 5.1 speaker.

It sys that this bosrd suport 7.1 audio
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-p55-ud3l_23
expecting your valuable replay.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-29 at 12.40.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-29 at 12.40.42 AM.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 169
I would be more than willing to do some testing to help others out, I just need to install ML on a separate drive which I'm getting hold of tonight hopefully.

toleda, there was a strange problem when we tried with the HDMI audio working - I have a quote from you on my build page if you cant remember exactly, could this be related to the codec?
Last item first. The issue with HDMI audio on your GTX 550 ti is related only to HDMI audio (invalid codec address). Will test again with your ML installation.

If you still on Lion, that is fine. I have three dsdt experiments in mind. Make a bootable backup of you system. One thing to keep the same is the S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext currently installed and make a separate backup of the kext.

dsdt experiments: for each experiment make copies of IOReg, Console/All Messages/kernel sound assertions, System Information/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio and System Preferences/Sound/Outputs
1. current dsdt
2. edited HDEF dsdt: edit HDEF to the same Post #1 of this thread
3. no dsdt: install HDAEnabler892.kext, remove dsdt, boot with UniBeast.

When finished, return you system to its current state. Questions welcome. Thanks for your help and support.

am using Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L mobo with the DSDT from our database this Mobo only have three output in back (Pink (Mic), green (Audio out), Blue (Line in) and two in front.
That's easy. You are using the 892 edited AppleHDA from MultiBeast. Your current Audio ID is 892 for 5/6 port audio. For 3 port audio, the Audio ID is 292. The Audio ID is represented by the hex value set in dsdt/HDEF/layout-id.

Edit your dsdt/HDEF/layout-id from 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x24, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00.

More info including a Read_Me_First and 892/392/292 screen shots, see Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

That's easy. You are using the 892 edited AppleHDA from MultiBeast. Your current Audio ID is 892 for 5/6 port audio. For 3 port audio, the Audio ID is 292. The Audio ID is represented by the hex value set in dsdt/HDEF/layout-id.

Edit your dsdt/HDEF/layout-id from 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x24, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00.

More info including a Read_Me_First and 892/392/292 screen shots, see Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Thank you toleda thank you for your precious help now i can do it and setup Aggregative device seting in midi for 5.1 out now my speaker give me the result. Thank you

Hi!
I've got a little problem bringing digital audio to work. My specs:
- GA-H67MA-D2H-B3
- HD3000
- ML 10.8.2 (Mac mini system definition)
- DSDT is edited for HDMI audio layout-id 3
- used AppleHDA 889 alpha (already tried the Terminal command on page 18 -> no success)

Audio works perfekt through HDMI and optical out, but no digital audio at all.
What can I try to make it work?

Thanks in advance,
lebasti

Attachments

• Ohne Titel.tiff
    91.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Ohne Titel 2.tiff
    114.2 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back