Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've installed the patched AppleHDA 887 Legacy through Multibeast, but it did not work. It did however give me the options in SystemPreferences/Sound. It also gave me a lot more information in IOReg, and System Profiler. These all made it seem like the audio should work, but it sadly does not. I've tried all the different output options, as well as different ports (front and rear).
IOReg says audio is working. I don't know what the problem is. Suggest a clean install, audio only.

Hi toleda, I have done a clean install of Mac OSX 10.8 installed your Sound drivers now everything is showing which is not a problem but no sound what so ever now.

Now i have used darwin dumper so you have all the info you need.

I have a Laptop version of the ALC 892 from realtek i am using the DSDT edit and your sound driver.

I have a Nvidia GTX560M as well i have set the ID as 1. Sound is the only thing left as the SDCard reader has been set aside everything else works without issues.

Attachments

• DarwinDumper_2.1.3_CLOVERX64_617_ML_solidus1983.zip
    384.8 KB · Views: 76
Hi Toleda, mine is a particular situation: I use HDMI on a GTX260 over the internal SPDIF.
In the past, Intamara helped me to solve it on Lion (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...-edits-discrete-amd-nvidia-29.html#post292223). I tried to apply the same workaround on your new kext for Mountain Lion without success.
In attached my modified Platforms.xml (with Intamara advice), my DSDT and my codec dump.
Here the AppleHDA with Platforms.xml modified: http://www.mediafire.com/?qpyt3hebgqp36e6

After Intamara help, I've studied to improve my knowledge. But maybe I failed :)
Please help me

For my ALC889 I have edited DSDT with this code:

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 /* Example, use table above for correct layout-id */
},
"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

and I have installed AppleHDA.kext inside the ML_AppleHDA-889-Alpha folder.

EDIT: It doesn't work also without my mod. No audio, also on analog stereo output.

Attachments

• Platforms.xml.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 81
  • codec_dump.txt.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 94
Hi Toleda, mine is a particular situation: I use HDMI on a GTX260 over the internal SPDIF.
In the past, Intamara helped me to solve it on Lion (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...-edits-discrete-amd-nvidia-29.html#post292223). I tried to apply the same workaround on your new kext for Mountain Lion without success.

and I have installed AppleHDA.kext inside the ML_AppleHDA-889-Alpha folder.

EDIT: It doesn't work also without my mod. No audio, also on analog stereo output.
It's best to solve one problem at a time. If the ML_AppleHDA-889-Alpha/AppleHDA.kext is not working, it makes no sense to edit something not working. Attach a copy of IOReg with Alpha AppleHDA.kext installed with dsdt/HDEF/layout-id 1. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Regarding the SPDIF edit, see 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output in Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext. The edit is based on Intamara's method. This guide is current for the the MultiBeast 5.0.2/ALC889.

Looking at your Platform.xml, I do not see an edit. It should be in Item 7 (889)/Item 5 (SPDIFOut) with Item 1 and 2 each with new NodeIDs of 16 and 17.

Just want to report that it works great on both GA EP45-UD3P (Internal speaker) and ASRock Z68 Pro3-M (HD3000 output though Displayport).

For display port (HDMI), just remember, included guide didn't mention that you still need to add "hda-gfx" with value "onboard-2" into HDEF and IGPU device, please refer to http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...rt-2b-dsdt-edits-integrated-intel-hd3000.html on how to edit DSDT.

Thanks a lot and looking forward for GA release.

Thanks

Noodle

Owke, must've "conveniently" overlooked something in your post, sorry.

I've installed the patched AppleHDA 887 Legacy through Multibeast, but it did not work. It did however give me the options in SystemPreferences/Sound. It also gave me a lot more information in IOReg, and System Profiler. These all made it seem like the audio should work, but it sadly does not. I've tried all the different output options, as well as different ports (front and rear).

Attached is a screenshot, my dsdt and my IOReg.

Hi munkicloud, we have the same mobo, in fact I actually have a couple, so it would be great if I could get the ALC887 working but like you I have tried quite a lot (Lion/ML edited kexts and layouts ids) and it now seems that it simply doesn't work with just these edits.

I have HDMI audio working so that's a positive and for analogue out I have a couple of USB DACs so that I can use, but ideally it would be great to get that 887 working.

Toleda: appreciate your help so far, outside of the edited kexts and modified layout ids, is there anything else we could be looking at in order to get this working?

Hi Toleda,

I have never posted to the forum before but this time I have a question. I have read the first post but I am still not 100% sure on this.

I have a m/b with an unsupported audio codec (VIA 1708b) for applehda but I only would like to get HDMI audio on my Nvidia card working. (not sure it's supported) The card is a ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) Is it posable to get the audio working with just a DSDT edit? Because at the moment it does not. I will attach my DSDT before I did the edit. I just changed 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

If I can get the HDMI audio working, can I use a USB audio device with no problems to get sound instead of the onboard audio?

If you need more info, just let me know what and I will post.

Thanks for your time,

Ross

Attachments

• Archive (3).zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 98
It's best to solve one problem at a time. If the ML_AppleHDA-889-Alpha/AppleHDA.kext is not working, it makes no sense to edit something not working. Attach a copy of IOReg with Alpha AppleHDA.kext installed with dsdt/HDEF/layout-id 1. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Regard the SPDIF edit, see 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output in Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext. The edit is based on Intamara's method. This guide is current for the the MultiBeast 5.0.2/ALC889.

Regarding your Platform.xml, I do not see an edit. It should be in Item 7 (889)/Item 5 (SPDIFOut) with Item 1 and 2 each with new NodeIDs of 16 and 17.

Hi Toleda, here my ioreg with unmodified Alpha AppleHDA.kext installed and dsdt/HDEF injection with layout-id 1 (0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00): http://www.mediafire.com/?42bd87zduwc530z
Thx

I have a m/b with an unsupported audio codec (VIA 1708b) for applehda but I only would like to get HDMI audio on my Nvidia card working. (not sure it's supported) The card is a ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) Is it posable to get the audio working with just a DSDT edit? Because at the moment it does not. I will attach my DSDT before I did the edit. I just changed 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
To test for HDMI audio, you have to make the HDMI audio dsdt edits. I am not sure if the GT210 makes HDMI audio. ONly way to find out is to make the edits. You can use a USB audio device with or without HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back