Contribute
Register

ML only runs in safe boot (unknown CPU model 0x3a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just stared my first Hackintosh build, and seem to have hit a brick wall during the install. I set up my Bios using this guide (Bios Settings). I created a 10.8.3 Mountain lion install using Unibeast 1.7.0.

I was able to boot the installer and successfully install mountain lion. However ML will only boot in safe mode. While in safe mode I was able to run multi beast 5.3.1 and followed Nishant's configurations. After restarting the operating system still wont boot.

When I start up in Verbose mode i'm getting a message that states "this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a"

I've been searching through this forum and found that other people are having this issue as well.
A lot of people were recommending to disable VT-d in the Bios but I do not have that option. I believe someone had mentioned that it will not show up on unlocked processors.

I've also tried booting with the commands:
GraphicsEnabler=No
flag=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

Hardware details:
Intel Core i7-3770K
GA-Z77X-UD5H (f14)
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Internal Graphics HD4000

IMG_9355.jpg

In case anyone else has the same issue and comes across this thread, I just installed "easy beast" from multibeast 5.3.1 and i'm now able to successfully boot!! I'll run some tests to check stability.

I am having the same issue with having to use -x - v on boot to safe boot the system. My Unibeast was built with 10.8.4 and I have an i7-3770 as the only differences in builds.

Easybeast did not allow me to boot the system and it hung on a kernel panic.

i am having the same problem on my setup has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Similar setup; same error.

Easybeast/multibeast installations with no success.

From what I've read, this error is caused by OSX trying to run Ivy Bridge hardware with Sandy Bridge Power Management. Still looking into a fix (opened recent thread)

Hi all,

I'm too expericing the same problem after running multibeast for 10.8.5. System won't boot into safe mode either. I have tried multiple guides on the forum for setup similar to mine.

Ok so I think I may have a fix (just successfully booted into 10.8.5 for the first time).

1. Performed a clean install on my SSD with my ML install USB stick (created with Unibeast)

2. Restarted. Booted into the HD and completed the installation.

I then followed this guide:
-Changed BIOS settings except those under the MIT tab (i'm not overclocking yet)
-Downloaded MaciASL/Followed the steps​
-Downloaded Chameleon wizard​
+changed the smbios settings according to the guide
+Under the install tab > clicked "Install" (bottom right corner)​

I stopped following the first guide here because I had issues with the next few steps. so instead I:
-Ran multibeast according to part one of Slugnet's Build (no graphics card so I skipped "GE=No" selection) HOWEVER I chose the "install with DSDT" option because we have the generated DSDT on the desktop.

At this point I restarted, got to the bootloader screen and booted from my HD in verbose mode (-v)...

AND VIOLA! It worked (for me). Let me know if you guys have success with this. I wish you the best of luck

**EDIT** For those of you using other gigabyte boards: When generating the DSDT with MaciASL, you have the option of selecting other gigabyte boards instead of the UD5H. I have not tried these (since I DO have the UD5H) but I am under the impression that they should work for your boards. **

**EDIT 2** after installing Focusrite drivers for my audio interface, machine still boots into OSX however, the display is messed up. Not sure if this is a stability issue or having to do with my driver installation **

**Edit 3** was using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter. Switched to just HDMI and screen issues were fixed. Still have buggy screen at login, however, if I just unplug hdmi and replug it in, I am fine. Assuming its just my display not recognizing my computer (I normally have to do the same when porting my Macbook Pro via TB-to-HDMI adaptor**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back