Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
heys guys i was hoping someone can help with adding Vendor10deDevice1086 to my mac mini profile for proper graphics management thanks

Ciao Mikey, by the patience that Toleda has with me I will learn you what I've learned from him :))))

you have to download Plist Editor Pro for mac, then you need to go to Hard Disk> System> Library > Extension and find the file
AGPM (AppleGraphicsPowerManagement) .

Take it and place in the desktop
then you have to do right click on it and choose "show package content" and open the "Content" folder.

you will find inside the info.plist file . Please note that the plist file is hidden so I recommend u to use ShowAllfiles app

so, open the info.plist file with plist editor pro and you have to search the idboard of Imac and macmini (please see post#1 of toleda)
(they are:
Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED - Macmini6,2/i7-3720QM
Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 - iMac 13,2/i7-3770)

open then copy/paste/rename it and save

and then use kext beast for install the modified kext.

]
under the mac 13,1 board id code I don't have Vendor10deDevice0fd8 plist but

but system is still slow :\
That Board-ID is iMac13,2

Solving Graphics Power Management has nothing to do with CPU Power Management. IB PM is not working in your system. Suggest you post dsdt, ssdt and IOReg to PikeRApha SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM).

hey mauro thanks for the help im gotten to the point where i see both id for mac mini and imac but not sure what im suppose to copy and paste i dont have a discrete graphics card I'm using the intel hd4000 thanks for the help

That Board-ID is iMac13,2

Solving Graphics Power Management has nothing to do with CPU Power Management. IB PM is not working in your system. Suggest you post dsdt, ssdt and IOReg to PikeRApha SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM).

Ops, i made a mistake, i will try tonight..The file u want are already posted mate, or you need again with agpm modified?

So, in my asus bios I have Turbo, C state and other c1 c13 (I don't remember the number now) ...maybe I have to change something other in the bios ?

Is this all relevant if one is using a Gigabyte Ivy Bridge MB with the HD4000 graphics? I have both the H77N WiFi MB with I3-3225 and the Z77MX MB with an I7-2600K using a GT640 and both using the Mac Pro 3,1 profile. I seem to remember running the MSRDummper.kext and had a fair amount of P-States?????
macpro3,1 enables power management of pre Core i processors. Your 2600K uses OS X/Sandy Bridge power management (Sandy Bridge sysdef and Sandy Bridge ssdt). Your 3225 uses OS X/Ivy Bridge power management (Ivy Bridge sysdef, Ivy Bridge SSDT and Ivy Bridge AGPM; this thread). Using incorrect power management increases power and temperature for a given level of performance. Check Console/All Messages for kernel power management errors during boot.

hey toleda in my ioreg i get the agpmenabler but not the controller i have read in your post that the proper device id need to be added to the board id but i dont understand in my info.plist in the agpm.kext i have the mac-f65ae981ffa204ed what do i need to change there or add thanks for your help

Hi guys,

Eventhough i'm trying as much as i can, i'm still (feeling) being a noob. Sorry for my dumb question but i've been really stuck for a while and facing difficulties troubleshooting.

My Bios is modded by samisnake.
I installed my retail 10.8.2 with unibeast and post-installed with no-dsdt (+minimum MB options).

My issues :
USB3 ports (4/8 total ports) won't work at all
can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No (which takes between 1min & 2 mins while i get to the messed up screen in about 4 secs with GE=No)
sleep does not really work --> after the right amount of time, or manually launched, the screen turns white, the drives don't stop. wake from this state is ok.
flash doenst work inside firefox & safari (don't know elsewhere)
screen saver looks pretty odd (slow, not fluid)
the display has glitches sometimes

Can my troubles being PM related? should i try some of the edits from first post?

Last question, would a dsdt help?
Thanks in advance for your help & advices.

EDIT : Sorry i didn't mean to troll this thread. The noob I am thought my issues could be PM related. Now i feel stupid and realise how far i am from messing with PM.
Thanks for giving me a hint, I'll have a better look at HD4000 config/troubleshooting.

Hi guys,

Can my troubles being PM related? should i try some of the edits from first post?

Last question, would a dsdt help?
Thanks in advance for your help & advices.

No, its not PM related, and as such the post is off topic and you should post in a thread related to your specific motherboard and one related to HD4000 graphics as those are the issues you are dealing with. You need to get all that working before you even attempt to mess with the PM functions.

g\

i have looked at post 1 alot just im unclear i dont have a discrete grapics card just hd4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back