Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bansaku,

I had similar problems with my 600ti (crashes, massive problems with flash and any form of accelerated video) which I tracked down to the same open-cl bug I think you are experiencing. The fix here (3rd post) completely solved my problems. I don't have my HD4000 enabled as well, so no guarantees this will work.

Apologies for being off topic, but I thought it best to rule out another issue in case this is still a power management problem.

Awesome tip! I had not think to do this at all, even though I have read that thread thoroughly several times already. Gonna apply the patch and hopefully, report back with good news! :thumbup:

Update: So far so good. Just had a 2h match of SC2 with zero issues. Ran Valley maxed settings for 30 minutes just fine. AGPM seems stable with the 660 Ti switching PStates, and no errors reported in console. I am not going to get my hopes up, or jinx anything...will report back again later. :p

Toleda I'm totally confused about the info.plist file.
When I read the first post and then see the pic I don't understand what are you talking about.
IoReg pics what means? you are talking about GFX0 and IGPU right?

I understand this:

You are telling that in my case, ( I use mac mini 6,2) I must open AGPM kext and edit info.plist
and that I have to add my graphic card id under GFX0 <key> is right?

the problem is that i don't know what put inside and where.There is a lot of <key> with your "i.e. Vendor10de*****"

can u explain me this better please?

these are my gt640 info:

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de) (supplier)
ID dispositivo: 0x0fc1 (dispositive)
ID revisione: 0x00a2 (revision)

and here you will fine the copy of my info.plist AGPM kext

sorry for these long questions but I wanna to be sure to don't cause KP and loose all of my data :)

Attachments

• Copia di Info.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 84
You are telling that in my case, ( I use mac mini 6,2) I must open AGPM kext and edit info.plist
and that I have to add my graphic card id under GFX0 <key> is right?

the problem is that i don't know what put inside and where.There is a lot of <key> with your "i.e. Vendor10de*****"

sorry for these long questions but I wanna to be sure to don't cause KP and loose all of my data :)
You don't lose all your data with a KP. Always have a bootable backup.
It is very difficult to edit a plist with a text editor; search for property list editor and install it.

From Post #1 get the Board-IDs for macmini6,2 and imac13,1. With the property list editor:
1. Open AGPM/info.plist
2. Open info.plist.../Machines
3. Open the imac13,1 Board_ID
4. Copy the Vendor10deDevice0fd8 plist
5. Open the macmini6,2 plist
6. Paste the Vendor10deDevice0fd8 plist onto the macmini6,2 plist
7. Rename Vendor10deDevice0fd8 plist to Vendor10deDevice0fc1 plist
8. Save

Install edited AGPM.kext with KextBeast. Restart.

Note: I have not done any research to determine which iMac Nvidia 6xxM plist maps to what Nvidia 6xx graphics card. Test at your own risk.

Ok I will try and also see in my bios if c and p state are enabled, thanks :)

ps:for be sure of the results I will not try iMac sys def, only mac mini 6,2 :)

You don't lose all your data with a KP. Always have a bootable backup.
It is very difficult to edit a plist with a text editor; search for property list editor and install it.

From Post #1 get the Board-IDs for macmini6,2 and imac13,1. With the property list editor:
1. Open AGPM/info.plist
2. Open info.plist.../Machines
8. Save

Install edited AGPM.kext with KextBeast. Restart.

Note: I have not done any research to determine which iMac Nvidia 6xxM plist maps to what Nvidia 6xx graphics card. Test at your own risk.

Is this all relevant if one is using a Gigabyte Ivy Bridge MB with the HD4000 graphics? I have both the H77N WiFi MB with I3-3225 and the Z77MX MB with an I7-2600K using a GT640 and both using the Mac Pro 3,1 profile. I seem to remember running the MSRDummper.kext and had a fair amount of P-States?????

Thank you for all your hard work on this as well as all the audio help!!!

(In my bios all was already enabled)

Toleda, please see my screenshot:
under the mac 13,1 board id code I don't have Vendor10deDevice0fd8 plist but

Vendor10deDevice0fe0 plist
Vendor10deDevice11a2 plist
Vendor10deDevice11a3 plist

maybe this is my problem ?

EDIT:

I've copied Vendor10deDevice0fe0 plist to macmini id and then renamed to Vendor10deDevice0fc1

in verbose mode I got no more error :
Mar 1 11:29:31 localhost kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Mar 1 11:29:31 localhost kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice0fc1

but system is still slow :\

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-03-01 alle 11.05.12.jpg
    Schermata 2013-03-01 alle 11.05.12.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 206
heys guys i was hoping someone can help with adding Vendor10deDevice1086 to my mac mini profile for proper graphics management thanks

heys guys i was hoping someone can help with adding Vendor10deDevice1086 to my mac mini profile for proper graphics management thanks
See Post #1, Graphics Power Management, Vendor10deDevice1086 is the example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back