Contribute
Register

ML hanging at "macx_swapon SUCCESS", ethernet issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte HD 6450 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GA-H77-DS3H BIOS rev. F5, 16GB DDR3 1600, i5-3570K, ATI HD 6450 (not using HD4000)

I can boot perfectly fine by keeping my UniBeast USB drive attached. My PC will boot to that and I can boot into my ML installation.

If I try to boot my ML installation by itself, it will hang at "macx_swapon SUCCESS", show some info about the bluetooth adapter I have attached (IOGEAR GBU321 with Magic Trackpad), and not go anywhere. At first, since ethernet worked without needing to run MultiBeast, I didn't run it. After installing AtherosL1c driver from MultiBeast, it would hang at the same place, but it would report a MAC address for my ethernet controller.

Both times I can see the orange light on my ethernet jack blinking. Booting in safe mode or with the HD4000 seems to make no difference.

I am wondering if it is a video issue, because when I boot from the UniBeast USB the last thing it reports before going into OS X is something about starting the window manager.

I have tried Chimera 1.9 and 1.10, can't seem to get past this point though.

Hi there,

I have the same issue. I'm running the Gigabytre GA-H77, i5-3570K, HD4000, and SEAGATE barracuda 1TB built in graphics.

When booting w/o unibeast i get to an apple logo with a frozen loading sign. When running verbose I end on "macx_swapon SUCCESS".

A little bit of context:
-First hackintosh build
-Installing ML
-Had to deal with boot0 Error using macman's solution 1

Need help! I don't want to give up now.

-ttuffghost

So, I figured out that in order not to hang, at the chimera boot menu I had to use the following:

"GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag"

Hope this helps.

I'm dealing with this same situation. graphicsenabler=no boot flag let me log in successfully as well.

I have a very similar build:
gigabyte ga-h77n with an intel i5 2500k.

Not sure where to go from here.

Are you having issues with the graphics resolution as well?

Same problem, at verboose boot i stuck at macx_swapon for 15 seconds, then it shows the Ethernet address and boots up, booting with graphicsenabler=no shuts down my monitor, Please help solve this problem.

What could be the problem with this slow ethernet boot? any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks, hope for help.

I believe graphicsenabler=no will not work. GraphicsEnabler=No will. It is case sensitive.

I know, thats what i meant, if i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No my display is just black...

Can anyone help me with the 15-20 seconds hanging at the macx_swapon?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back