Contribute
Register

ML GA-Z77-DS3H 10.8.3 : no ethernet !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ethernet on my v1.1 MB has always worked, but I suspect it's what's been causing my system to lockup.
Mostly while pushing the system quite hard, with networking files and local rendering happening all at once.

So, I too followed the advice above and bought an RTL8169. Only £5.49 delivered from eBay. The card that was pictured on the listing was blue but the item that arrived was red.

Anyway after dragging the old Atheros kext to the trash, running Multibeast and installing the new kext I repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache using Kex Wizard. Then shutdown, installed the card booted up but had no ethernet. Repaired and rebuilt once more, restarted and it worked.

I've been using the system all day and not had a problem so far.
I'll report back if there's anything more to report.

Cheers.

Card arrived today, plugged it in... ran Multibeast and boom its working :D

:headbang:

The Ethernet on my v1.1 MB has always worked, but I suspect it's what's been causing my system to lockup.
Mostly while pushing the system quite hard, with networking files and local rendering happening all at once.

So, I too followed the advice above and bought an RTL8169. Only £5.49 delivered from eBay. The card that was pictured on the listing was blue but the item that arrived was red.

Anyway after dragging the old Atheros kext to the trash, running Multibeast and installing the new kext I repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache using Kex Wizard. Then shutdown, installed the card booted up but had no ethernet. Repaired and rebuilt once more, restarted and it worked.

I've been using the system all day and not had a problem so far.
I'll report back if there's anything more to report.

Cheers.

Hi,

Do you have a link of the card in question? And does it work well after sleep? No issues with iCloud, app store, messages etc etc?

Also, does it work natively in your windows boot?

Thanks

I'd like to bump this thread so that a few of the last poster's questions may be answered..

I would also like to get a confirmation that getting a PCI ethernet card is still the best solution to having a trouble-free online experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back