Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GT740
Hi,

Just installed 10.8.3 and all work very well except Ethernet. "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed"

Anybody has this issue ?

Hy. Just install with multibeast driver/Network/Intel

IT Works oob

Yep, it worked when I first installed 10.8.2, but not this time.

For the ethernet, I choose Drivers & Bootloaders->Network->Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet on Multibeast. Not the good solution ?

Ok, things change !

Now, OSX can see my Ethernet, I've got a Ethernet connexion but the hackintosh is unable to connect in DHCP. I don't understand ... :-/

Hi Steph2bordeaux,

I'm also having the same problem as you!

How were you able to get OSX to see your NIC?

Thanks in advance
S. :thumbup:

If you have rev. 1.1 of this board, Gigabyte changed to AR8161 chipset, which only has experimental driver support. The experimental drivers are included in Multibeast, but crap in my opinion. I got a cheap RTL8169 addon card and all of my networking problems disappeared.

Older rev 1.0 still use Atheros AR8151, which should work fine. Check System/Library/Extensions and delete ALXEthernet.kext then re-install using Multibeast. I think the latest ver. of Multibeast puts it in System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

Run verbose mode at bootup, make sure you see something like PM kernel: ALXEthernet: Ethernet Address ##:##:##:##:##:##

If you have rev. 1.1 of this board, Gigabyte changed to AR8161 chipset, which only has experimental driver support. The experimental drivers are included in Multibeast, but crap in my opinion. I got a cheap RTL8169 addon card and all of my networking problems disappeared.

Older rev 1.0 still use Atheros AR8151, which should work fine. Check System/Library/Extensions and delete ALXEthernet.kext then re-install using Multibeast. I think the latest ver. of Multibeast puts it in System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

Run verbose mode at bootup, make sure you see something like PM kernel: ALXEthernet: Ethernet Address ##:##:##:##:##:##

Thanks Comma :thumbup:

I've got the rev 1.1 board so i've picked up a RTL8169 from eBay for £6. I'll see how I get on with that!

Do you need an additional kext for this NIC or should it just be plug and play?

S.

RTL8169 is what I have now. Rock solid stability...no networking issues for me anymore. I installed the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext via Multibeast to make it work.

Once you get that, I'd disable the internal card or delete ALXEthernet.kext to keep it from causing troubles.

Maybe someday the new Atheros chipset drivers will be completed...but I think the original author has abandoned the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back