Contribute
Register

ML boots only in safe mode : GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Bios F12 & HD 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am having the exact same problem with the same mobo, but I'm running an Asus 8400 GS 512mb video card. Can I mod this code to work on my 8400?

Thanks for any help!

No, this shouldn't work for NVIDIA graphics cards.

your dsdt has had some positive results, the hd400 was recognized and seemed to be working well. I'm still having issues upon wake after sleeping. this time everything came back and was looking good but the system hung and nothing would respond, but the mouse was still moving.

I'm reinstalling as I had selected some options in multibeast i wasn't happy with so hopefully i can get the right combo this time using your dsdt!

I really appreciate you making that change!

I had the same issue on my MSI Z77A-G43 with wake. It was a problem with TSC sync, but I'm not sure if it's the same for you. Are you using any USB devices to wake up from sleep (like clicking mouse, keyboard)? If so, try if it wakes up properly when you push the power button to wake from sleep.

I have attached the kext that fixed the TSC sync issue for me. But make sure you try the power button first.
You have to edit the Info.plist inside the kext and set

<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>7</integer>

to your number of CPU cores/threads. Start counting at 0, so for a Core i7 with 8 threads you would have to set it to 7.

Attachments

• VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 69
No, this shouldn't work for NVIDIA graphics cards.

So what can I try?

-----EDIT----

Never mind, found out I just needed just put reinstall the "NVDANV50Hal.kext" from DP4 - Working 100% now!

Try this one, it is from the DSDT database with the code above added. No guarantee that it works, just a try. Make sure to use BIOS version F12 for this.

Would you be able to patch my dsdt with the latest version of the bios? I have exactly the same problem. I own a core i5 with the hd 2500 graphics but cant go any further as to the error posted by the op

I have a HD3000 id0116 and it is on 7 series and has a similar problem same error.
You think this might work on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back