Contribute
Register

ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GA-H55M-USB3 has the same problem struck at [PCI Configuration Begin] when boot from Mountain Lion Unibeast USB thumb drive.

If I recall my original Snow Leopard installation, there were a couple of kext files (I think it were ACPI & IO) needed to be removed in /System/Library/Extensions. Anyone recall the details?

Just an update!

I've managed to get through the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang by replacing /S/L/E/IOPCIFamily.kext with a modified version from http://netkas.org/?p=1053 in the USB thumb drive.

Now! my H55M-USB3 hangs at "Still waiting for root device"...! More things to try...!

Now! my H55M-USB3 hangs at "Still waiting for root device"...! More things to try...!

With my P55M-UD2 I had to disable the "eXtreme Hard Drive" (XHD) setting (set to DIASABLED) in the BIOS, and then I could boot fine. I was able to have this enabled in previous (10.7 and prior) OS's, but this seems to have caused the waiting for root device issue I had in ML. Not sure if this will apply to your H55M mobo.

I'm still having this problem on my machine.
The above kext didn't work for me, for some reason it won't detect the new one, and send the machine into kernel panic ( Stuck at installation, not post-installation boot ).

I also have a H55M-S2V. In my case similar experience. First was a clean install of ML from Unibeast 1.5, complete with working sound. However, the installation would not boot with out Unibeast 1.5 so I used Multibeast 5.0.x to set the DSDT (in my case F3) and no other settings. Following this I could not boot consistently crashing out of the grey screen with the apple logo.

So, next a clean install of ML, no upgrade to 1.7.4, and again positive results, except sound was not working. So applied Multibeast 5.0.x with the DSDT and this time 888b audio checked, and for measure updated permissions. Next boot was from the hard disk install but halted consistently at [PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN]. Safe boot canot get past this point (-x) nor can trying some other "tricks" specifically GraphicsEnabler=no, and npci=0x2000 (tried separately).

Now, trying a clean install again and this time will not use the free-DSDT option in Multibeast. Will update later!

Just an update!

I've managed to get through the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang by replacing /S/L/E/IOPCIFamily.kext with a modified version from http://netkas.org/?p=1053 in the USB thumb drive.

i was have the same problem and i slove it with removing use kernel cashe from org.chameleon.Boot and it worked fine try it

i was have the same problem and i slove it with removing use kernel cashe from org.chameleon.Boot and it worked fine try it

In my case, UseKernelCache=No did not work! My System is still running Lion 10.7.4. It looks like it will be in Lion for a while...

Just an update!

I was able to use this modified kext to get past the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang on my Dell Inspiron 1545. However to get past the 'root device' problem you need to set the boot flag USBBusFix=Yes (I also had to use GraphicsEnabler=No).

After that the installer worked with no problems!

All,

I'm 2 steps forward & 1 step backward in my H55M-USB3 system! Here are my latest progress: -

1) It's a good idea to update boot loader Chimera to latest version 1.11.1.
2) My Unibeast 1.5.3 USB still hang at "Still Waiting for Root Device". I believe it is related to the front panel USB2 ports. I tried the USB2 ports direct on MoBo, but still hang.
3) I managed to install ML 10.8 (over Lion 10.7.4) by using the x-Move method. I was able to boot into Safe Mode before applying MultiBeast. However, post-installation MultiBeast 5.0.2 causes a hang at [PCI Config Begin]...

It sounds like I need to try the mod IOPCIFamily.kext again on the hard drive /S/L/E. Stay tuned!

I also have a H55M-S2V. In my case similar experience. First was a clean install of ML from Unibeast 1.5, complete with working sound. However, the installation would not boot with out Unibeast 1.5 so I used Multibeast 5.0.x to set the DSDT (in my case F3) and no other settings. Following this I could not boot consistently crashing out of the grey screen with the apple logo.

So, next a clean install of ML, no upgrade to 1.7.4, and again positive results, except sound was not working. So applied Multibeast 5.0.x with the DSDT and this time 888b audio checked, and for measure updated permissions. Next boot was from the hard disk install but halted consistently at [PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN]. Safe boot canot get past this point (-x) nor can trying some other "tricks" specifically GraphicsEnabler=no, and npci=0x2000 (tried separately).

Now, trying a clean install again and this time will not use the free-DSDT option in Multibeast. Will update later!

Fellow H55M-S2V user here. Were you able to find the optimal settings for a ML install? If so, please share! I'd love to know your results before taking the plunge.

All,

My H55M-USB3 + Nvidia 8400GS is finally fully functional! There are 3 important steps in my journey: -

1) Upgrade Chimera from 1.5.4 to 1.11.1. With Chimera 1.5.4, I had "Boot Error: 0" problem in harddisk boot.
2) Graphics NVDAV50Hal.kext needs to rollback to DP4 version. The kext included in ML10.8 caused various Kernel Panic!
3) NetNanny caused a Kernel Panic. I needed to remove it for OS installation. Reinstall after 10.8.1 is completed.

With these 3 changes, I've managed to install by both UniBeast and x-Move method (with NVDAV50Hal.kext rollback). Both fresh & install over Lion are fine too!

As of today, everything seems to work in ML 10.8.1. Sleep, QE/CI, sound, AppleStore, Facetime, iMessage, iCloud, etc.

I'm happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back