Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi, I am trying to install all the hardware in my ML installation, I have a doubt with MultiBeast as it is available a Trim Enabler till 10.8.3.
Since nothing is working yet I would like to understand if this can cause problems or not.
Thanks in advance

Hey, I'm curious as to an answer to this question also :)

I was running 10.8.4 but honestly I never checked to see if TRIM was working.. I ran into a couple of permissions issues that caused my iLok to stop being recognised (will post in another topic) when trying to streamline my users directory (moving it entirely to another HD to give my system drive some breathing room)

I have re-installed 10.8.2, I have the 10.8.3 combo update ready to go (as I know this definitely allows TRIM mode) and am currently re-downloading the 10.8.4 combo update (which was originally installed with no issues from the App store, a hangover from doing things on my MacBook Pro)

I'm just hanging fire until I know for certain it will work on 10.8.4 until I update from 10.8.2 (which is table and working for me)

I guess I'm being overly cautious (once bitten twice shy) as I have never had any "real" issues with my build.

Anyways, I hope someone more knowledgable than I can shed some light on this..

Many thanks

Trim Enabler for 10.8.3 in MultiBeast works fine with Mac OS X 10.8.4

this is a Third Party developed Trim Enabler method not Apples

If you ever want to know what works and what is problematic in a OS X version update when using the Tonymacx86 method then always have at look a the corresponding version thread user comments before taking the plunge i.e, http://www.tonymacx86.com/354-os-x-10-8-4-update.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back