Motherboard
HP
CPU
intel
Graphics
rx470
ML 10.8.4 GeForce GTX 460 makes os x crash

3e times already.

I open iMessage. Start typing, get spinner -> everything freezes. When this happen I need to reset the pc.

Am I the only one with this?

//EDIT:
The NVIDIA GTX 460 card made the system freeze over and over without a hunch in the logs what it could be.

Swapped the card for an oldie, GeForce 9400 GT 512mb and the freezing is over.

The GTX 460 card works fine in a Windows 7 game pc.

I had the same issue. I Force Quit iMessage, then Rebooted and reinstalled Chimera 2.0.1 Then I rebooted. The first time I opened iMessage it worked and the problem was solved.

I had the same issue. I Force Quit iMessage, then Rebooted and reinstalled Chimera 2.0.1 Then I rebooted. The first time I opened iMessage it worked and the problem was solved.

How do you Force Quit the messages app when your pc is frozen? :confused:

I did what you said. I reinstalled Chimera 2.0.1 and rebooted. I am curious if os x will freeze again, hopefully not.

Re-installing Chimera did not fix it. Kinda thought it wouldn't cause its already installed.

The messages app keeps crashing my ML 10.8.4. I can reproduce this over and over.

I can use messages on my real other iDevices. Just going to ignore it then on ML.

the hardware of your computer is...?

Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H-USB3
i7 2600
8GB ram
2TB 7200rpm HD
Geforce GTX 460

Used the DSDT from the database named F7.

Multibeast 5.3.1.

System freeze/crash a moment ago not using iMessage but firefox.

ML 10.8.4 nvidia gtx460 made os x crash

As it turns out, it had something to do with the GTX 460 card. The card works fine in a Windows 7 game pc.

The freezes also happened on 10.8.3.

Swapped the card for an oldie, GeForce 9400GT 512MB and the freezes disappeared completely.

After many freezes watching the :beachball: and nothing in the logs that gave a clue, I am happy and relieved that I acutely can use the system now it is stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back