Contribute
Register

ML 10.8.2 updated successfully,but cant boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would help if we know what you're running but try disabling VT-d in BIOS, if it's there, and see if that helps.

I either don't have that VT-d option or Im absolutely blind/noob to find it

That's a KP with OEMSMBios. VT-d won't help. Boot into safe mode -x and remove OEMSMBIOS.kext. It should be in /S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/OemSMBIOS.kext. Just to be doubly sure, also look in /S/L/E for it.

Remember to update kernelcache after deleting OemSMBIOS.kext: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

or

Boot into safe mode and reinstall FakeSMC from Multibeast 5.1.2. The new FakeSMC doesn't have the offending OemSMBIOS.kext.

You have a kernel panic on one of the plugins for FakeSMC. You aren't using the latest Multibeast which no longer has this troublesome plugin.

To remove the plugin, you are going to need to know the exact name of your OSX drive. Boot the Unibeast drive to the installer. Answer the language question. At the next screen, go to the Utiltities menu and select Terminal. Then:

Code:
Type:  diskutil list

The name of your OSX drive should be near the top just right of middle.

Now:

Code:
Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of OSX drive)"   <== use quotes but not parens
Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions
Type:  cd FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins
Type:  rm -rf OemSMBIOS.kext

Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of OSX drive)"   <== use quotes but not parens
Type:  cd System/Library
Type:  touch Extensions

Quit Terminal. Quit the Installer. Boot your OSX drive as usual using -v.

I either don't have that VT-d option or Im absolutely blind/noob to find it
If your system is running i7-3770k then you won't have it because 3770k doesn't support VT-d.

I somehow got the system running but now my USB 3 ports dont work.... garrrrrrrr
I tried to install USB 3 off of Multibeast but I keep getting an error at the end. Also Multibeast doesnt let me install FAKESMC either.

Really appreciate your guys' help btw. I have to finish this photoshop project by tomorrow and if it wasnt for you guys i'd be losing my miiiind right now!

off of Multibeast but I keep getting an error at the end. Also Multibeast doesnt let me install FAKESMC either.

Based on problems other people have had, I'm betting it is the rest of the FakeSMC plugins. Since you can boot, you can remove the plugins manually.

Go to the /System/Library/Extensions folder. Find FakeSMC.kext. Right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents". Open the Contents folder. Drag the Plugins folder to the Trash and give your password. Multibeast should now work.

If Multibeast doesn't work, then go to the Utilties folder and open Terminal. Run the following two commands and paste the output of the 2nd command here in a posting:

Code:
Type:  [COLOR=#000000]sudo kextcache -system-caches
[/COLOR](give your password - the cursor will not move)

[COLOR=#000000]Type:  sudo kextcache -update-volume /
[/COLOR]

so i disable VT-d and here it goes again.and it doesnt boot in safe mode too
1- before update,everything goes well.no need for safe mode or any bootflags.
2- and i use these bootflags:
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
GraphicEnabler=Yes
GraphicEnabler=No
arch=i386
arch=x86

Attachments

• DSCF0845.jpg
    DSCF0845.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
so i disable VT-d and here it goes again.and it doesnt boot in safe mode too
1- before update,everything goes well.no need for safe mode or any bootflags.
2- and i use these bootflags:
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
GraphicEnabler=Yes
GraphicEnabler=No
arch=i386
arch=x86

Yours is a different problem as you're having a KP with your USB. I've not encountered that before. I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

so wut should i do now?when i update my ML to 10.8.2 after reboot i just can get into mac with safe mode.
so i descide run new mountain lion and its failed after i 5 times i try.so i decide te reboot maybe something goes better.
and after that i cant get into ML

so wut should i do now?when i update my ML to 10.8.2 after reboot i just can get into mac with safe mode.
so i descide run new mountain lion and its failed after i 5 times i try.so i decide te reboot maybe something goes better.
and after that i cant get into ML

1. Before your update to 10.8.2, was everything working fine?
  2. Did you have to use any boot flags before 10.8.2?
  3. Currently can you still get into ML 10.8.2 with -x?
  4. Do you have anything plugged into your USB ports other than the mouse/keyb?
  5. What are your BIOS settings for EHCI Handoff and XHCIHandoff?
  6. What do you mean when you "so i descide run new mountain lion and its failed after i 5 times"? Did you do a reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back