Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys.

First of all i wanted to thank you all. I managed to install SL10.6.8 on my
ASUS P8Z77-M Pro board with the i5-3570k Quad Processor.

But i want to use ML 1.8.2 because of various features like Mission Control and native Ivy Bridge support.

I tried to install it with UniBeast but get the same "error" everytime:
still waiting for root device

What does that mean?
I tried everything (PCIrootUID=0, PCIRoot=1, usbbusfix=yes, -f, -v, -x ... didnt helped at all, even got worse),
changed +updated my BIOS (SATA to AHCI and various USB settings) and unplugged my RADEON 6870 (i used the onboard 4000 HD).

IMG_3484.JPGIMG_3492.JPGIMG_3493.JPGIMG_3494.JPG

It ran on 4gb RAM, nothing changed when i inserted 8gb.

And yes, i unplugged all other SATA connections.
I hope someone knows whats going wrong here and is able to help me, its so frustrating.

Best,
Nico

Please tell me what the error means.
I tried it for so many hours.

BTW i updated the BIOS already.

Hi there,

'Still waiting for root device' means there is something wrong probably with your media device.....the system is not recognising the number it has been given. Did you format the Unibeast 1.5.3 USB stick with Master Boot Record? And is your USB stick on a USB 2.0 port (NOT USB 3.0)?

And when you said you updated your BIOS already, did you update it with ASUS' original BIOS OR a UEFI-unlocked one? ie. to enable native Ivy Bridge power management (which is usually locked on ASUS boards and has to be unlocked manually)?

Also I would suggest try the following data to paste into your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file first (replacing the data after the header starting with <dict>) to see if it boots. My board is a Gigabyte Z77, and the data below boots with both Intel and Nvidia graphics, so theoretically it should work with yours....

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

p.s. you may need to try test adding first PCIRootUID=0 and/or npci=0x3000 as Kernel Flags in addition to the darkwake=0. If it still fails you could also try cpus=1 as a flag. The PCIRootUID=0 is a common setting for AMD-based boards to get them to work.

Update your bios to 1708 from here: http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/
Rebuild your Unibeast disk, try using a different flash drive.
Set bios to default and set iGPU memory to 64mb
Remove the 6870 and install using onboard gfx. The 6870 will work fine after the install is complete.

Good Luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back