Ryzen 7 7700X
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I have a problem with Safari and mixcloud.com (OS: High Sierra). When I try to play a mix on mixcloud I got this error (had the same problem with Sierra):
mixcloud-nosound.png

I tried with Chrome and it works/plays.
Any idea why Safari won't play it?

Hi!

I have a problem with Safari and mixcloud.com (OS: High Sierra). When I try to play a mix on mixcloud I got this error (had the same problem with Sierra):
View attachment 288514

I tried with Chrome and it works/plays.
Any idea why Safari won't play it?
They're probably using Flash. Chrome has its own built-in Flash player. OS X doesn't include Flash anymore, but if you install it yourself, Safari can use it. Now, there may be some site-specific security settings you need to alter if you do.

With all that said, Flash is terrible, and I don't recommend using it if you can avoid it. My personal strategy is to use Chrome when I need flash, and use Safari for everything else.

Thanks for your reply!
I installed flash and enabled it for the site, but I have the same problem ... I'm really dunno what's wrong with it, checked every settings (I think).
I do the same what u, when I wanna play some mix over mixcloud I use Chrome, would be better to use only Safari.

Thanks for your reply!
I installed flash and enabled it for the site, but I have the same problem ... I'm really dunno what's wrong with it, checked every settings (I think).
I do the same what u, when I wanna play some mix over mixcloud I use Chrome, would be better to use only Safari.
Safari also blocks third-party cookies, and has some new tracking prevention methods that could break some sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back