hp probook 4540S
CPU
i5
Graphics
hd 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi everyone

after update to yosemite yesterday everything was ok until i have notice something wrong

i have 4 partition two for windows and two for mac one partition for os and the second for data

the problem is when i opened windows 8.1 i only see windows partition and the data partition for windows disappeared

i can see it on mac but i can't see it on windows any ideas why is this happening

thanks

hi everyone

after update to yosemite yesterday everything was ok until i have notice something wrong

i have 4 partition two for windows and two for mac one partition for os and the second for data

the problem is when i opened windows 8.1 i only see windows partition and the data partition for windows disappeared

i can see it on mac but i can't see it on windows any ideas why is this happening

thanks

Check diskutil list vs. fdisk:
Code:
diskutil list
sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

thanks for replay

thats what i got
http://cl.ly/image/2k0h2O0t3b3x

At some point you lost your logical partitions on the MBR side of GPT/MBR hybrid (probably due to an edit of GPT partition table from OS X Disk Utility). Instead you should always make sure all your Windows partitions are in the first 4 partitions (primary partitions). You can read more about proper planning by reading my multi-boot article on my blog (link in signature).

You can probably recover by using gdisk to reset your MBR (hybrid), such that the Mac partitions are skipped and just the two Windows partitions are visible from MBR.

Read here about hybrids: http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html

i searched google for gdisk but didn't understand anything:crazy:

do you have any guid how to fix this without losing data specially the data on the mac partition

i searched google for gdisk but didn't understand anything:crazy:

It is an expert tool. You should know what you're doing when using it.

do you have any guid how to fix this without losing data specially the data on the mac partition

Do a backup. Learn how to use gdisk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back