Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm trying to create a hackintosh for the first time and after watching many videos, researching on the forums, and making sure my hardware is compatible, I created a boot USB drive using Unibeast. I then went into my computer's BIOS and made sure all of the settings were correct. Once I had everything double checked, I hit F10, then loaded into the boot menu, tried to boot from the USB and the only message appearing is, "Missing operating system". I went back into BIOS and checked the settings again, which ended up being correct, I also went back to the tonymacx86 forums to see any resolutions. I found some people who had this issue who just and to check their BIOS, reset the CMOS, switch to a USB 2.0 port, and create a GUID partition. The only one I didn't try was the GUID partition. Long story short, I have an error message that I want to resolve and I have not found any solutions so far. Any help is appreciated!

These are the specs for the PC that I'm making into a hackintosh:

Intel Core i5-4690K
16GB DDR3 Ballistix RAM
Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI Mobo
Asus Dual Series Radeon RX 580 4G
Seagate 250GB 7200RPM HDD (Going to replace soon)
750W Powerspec PSU
NZXT H200 (White/non i-series)

No support for AMD systems here. Put your Intel System into your profile first.

If it says it is missing the operating system it means just that. Your EFI partition is not properly set up and being recognized by your motherboard. One trick I've learned to get it to work properly is to boot into windows and use diskpart to clean the usb (wipes it completely clean) and then partition it in macOS after the fact, this will properly set up the partition scheme every time.

If i partition my usb drive using mac utilites. Will windows accept that, not change it and let me add my files to the usb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back