CPU
i5
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HP Probook 640 G1, Intel i5, Intel HD4600, 8GB RAM. UK keyboard, language to set to UK

Installed El Capitan, everything (except for gfx, but thats another thread). All seemed fine (bar gfx), trackpad works with VoodooPS2, network ok. Opened a teminal window to do some work (this is important, and will become apparent why) in the OS, such as removing obsolete kexts.

Long story short, nuked the partition and started again. Installed, added kexts, same as last time (following same guide). However, my keyboard is weird.. for no apparent reason!

The \ key produces a sort of $ sign, and when shifted instead of the | symbol, produces something else. The keyboard detection routine fails to find it, so I have to select ISO keyboard (which was the same the first time round), but the \ key still produces the '$'-ish character. Tried different keyboard types ISO, British, British-PC but no, its always the '$'-ish character.

Any ideas what might have changed between two identical installs, and how I can reflect the real keyboard complete with '\' and '|'? I tried ukelele, it doesn't even show the key being pressed... odd, given MacOS at least returns a character!

HP Probook 640 G1, Intel i5, Intel HD4600, 8GB RAM. UK keyboard, language to set to UK

Installed El Capitan, everything (except for gfx, but thats another thread). All seemed fine (bar gfx), trackpad works with VoodooPS2, network ok. Opened a teminal window to do some work (this is important, and will become apparent why) in the OS, such as removing obsolete kexts.

Long story short, nuked the partition and started again. Installed, added kexts, same as last time (following same guide). However, my keyboard is weird.. for no apparent reason!

The \ key produces a sort of $ sign, and when shifted instead of the | symbol, produces something else. The keyboard detection routine fails to find it, so I have to select ISO keyboard (which was the same the first time round), but the \ key still produces the '$'-ish character. Tried different keyboard types ISO, British, British-PC but no, its always the '$'-ish character.

Any ideas what might have changed between two identical installs, and how I can reflect the real keyboard complete with '\' and '|'? I tried ukelele, it doesn't even show the key being pressed... odd, given MacOS at least returns a character!

Did you do EC reset?
Refer to the FAQ:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back