Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170x-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1070 FTW HYBRID
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Before I go digging madly into the forums, I had a few questions. Some may be a little broad but I also have some troubleshooting to do and wanted to learn WHY it happens as well as HOW to fix it. The more recent updates and solutions seem to be buried far into older posts. I'll gladly assist in compiling my findings for a fresh thread.

What are the primary causes for failing audio? Does it have more to do with hardware or is it just something that happens with the operating system? Would different hardware cause different issues depending on architecture? Would the problems vary by mobo brand?

As for my issue: I do not have any devices listed in my sound output.

(Is there a way to force listings into this menu through the terminal? I have IORegistryExplorer and I see devices listed there.)
(If anyone has a link to a decent guide on where I can learn more about all the information that the IORegistryExplorer lists I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not the most experienced with OS X and would like to change that)

What are the limitations on multiple audio inputs/outputs? is HDMI audio harder to get working than an onboard audio port? (I use two tvs for my screens and can utilize their speakers; I have a wireless USB headset as well as headphones I plug in to my front audio in port)

What are the primary causes for failing audio?
Native macOS supports one family of audio codecs, CS420x; available only with native hardware. There are many macOS solutions for non native codecs. Every solution requires specific macOS settings. All settings must be exactly correct for macOS audio success.
Biggest problem, installation errors; see Before You Install Audio

Native macOS supports one family of audio codecs, CS420x; available only with native hardware. There are many macOS solutions for non native codecs. Every solution requires specific macOS settings. All settings must be exactly correct for macOS audio success.
Biggest problem, installation errors; see Before You Install Audio

Went through all your guides and now have almost everything set up. I have a wireless headset that is listed in ioreg but not in my audio output list in preferences. It isn't technically osx compatible.. but hey, neither is my GPU. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back