Contribute
Register

Mirroring to Apple TV 1080p ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not on my mac at the moment, but I believe airplay mirroring is accessed from the toolbar up at the top of your screen next to the time.

My fault, i use Airparrot, thought u guys meant any mirroring

ML mirroring don't work here no option to select the video, when click on show mirroring nothing happen, but audio works

screenshot20120725at951.png

screenshot20120725at952.png

I am not on my mac at the moment, but I believe airplay mirroring is accessed from the toolbar up at the top of your screen next to the time.

I don't have that toolbar option, but when I play something in iTunes, the button shows up in the controls and it works. I'm installing on my MBP and I'll see if I get a toolbar option on it.

That's incorrect.

[h=2]AirPlay Mirroring[/h]Requires a second-generation Apple TV or later. Supports the following Mac models:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)

No it's not. All of those Macs have a 2nd (Sandy Bridge) or 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) Intel Core i5 or i7 which features QuickSync in the CPU package. On a real Mac, the active graphics adapter doesn't have to be an Intel GPU to have QuickSync enabled.

In the Mountain Lion Developer Previews, it worked on lots of hardware, but as of the GM, it stopped.

No it's not. All of those Macs have a 2nd (Sandy Bridge) or 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) Intel Core i5 or i7 which features QuickSync in the CPU package. On a real Mac, the active graphics adapter doesn't have to be an Intel GPU to have QuickSync enabled.

In the Mountain Lion Developer Previews, it worked on lots of hardware, but as of the GM, it stopped.

Maybe someone will come out with a hack to enable it on other hardware.

That's incorrect.

[h=2]AirPlay Mirroring[/h]Requires a second-generation Apple TV or later. Supports the following Mac models:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)

What's the reason for this exactly?

Forced upgrades most likely...

This isn't my most tasteful answer, but I feel that is likely to be like dangling candy...

I've seen posts stating that in the beta builds it worked with diverse hardware, but was limited in the end result. Possibly like when the original iphone never got mms?

I really hope a "fix" for this is developed if not by apple, by 3rd party. Because I did really look forward to that.

I would like to hear from anyone who has got it working and what their setup is.
I personally get Airplay from iTunes to my 1080p AppleTV, but i'm not getting the option to mirror my desktop. I have got my system Def. set to iMac 12,2 which should enable it as it only uses newer hardware. i'm running a 6870OC on a 2700k system. my network is as follows:
PC -> ethernet -> Airport Extreme -> 802.11n -> AppleTV

ill keep plugging away and ill let you all know if I manage to get it working.

I'm guessing iTunes works because the file is already "encoded". When streaming the desktop you have to encode it and Apple is using the Intel CPU to do the job. I don't have the required CPU so I don't see the option :(

I'm running now on HD4000 and GTX 670 with HD4000 booting first. My system info shows "Display with 64MB Memory", so it's not recognise HD4000 I quess, Is there any option to change that ? Airplay in iTunes works fine, but mirroring would be so much better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back