Contribute
Register

miramar's Zomac - Zotac Z77ITX - i5 3570K - HD4000 - Mini-ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ijhu & Miramar,

I'm on Zotac Z77ITX-A-E with the bundled Azurewave combo wireless card.
I can't get the wifi working.
I've added <string>pci168c,b</string> to my kext and restarted the machine.
It put this line of code just under the already existing line of <string>pci168c,a</string>.
Is that where it's supposed to be inserted?
Or what else could be going wrong that I can't see my wifi?

Thanks, guys.

In my build, I used DSDT for the WIFI card instead of modifying kext.

You should check if your WIFI is being loaded first by looking into About This Mac | system Report | under Network pane on the left, click Wi-Fi and you should see what is being detected.

In my build, I used DSDT for the WIFI card instead of modifying kext.

You should check if your WIFI is being loaded first by looking into About This Mac | system Report | under Network pane on the left, click Wi-Fi and you should see what is being detected.

Hi ijhu,

Please see the attached screenshot.
That's all I can see under Wi-Fi.
Does that look good?

Surprisingly, as shown in the 2nd screenshot, I can see my Bluetooth connection and it kind of works.
I mean I can send a file from my macbook pro to it, but I can't seem to connect it to macbook pro to send a file back.

Can you please send me the DSDT you're using?
I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-25 at 11.47.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-25 at 11.47.46 PM.png
    67 KB · Views: 328
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-25 at 11.52.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-25 at 11.52.53 PM.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 309
In your Network preference, there's no trace of WIFI. Looking at my screen shot and yours, your WIFI isn't fully loaded. BTW my bluetooth that comes with the combo card never worked.

Here's my screen shot and DSDT.
My DSDT has edit for HDEF-HDMI4000-AR9285. I use patched AppleHDA for ALC 892.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-25 at 8.58.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-25 at 8.58.14 PM.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 292
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 131
In your Network preference, there's no trace of WIFI. Looking at my screen shot and yours, your WIFI isn't fully loaded. BTW my bluetooth that comes with the combo card never worked.

Here's my screen shot and DSDT.
My DSDT has edit for HDEF-HDMI4000-AR9285. I use patched AppleHDA for ALC 892.

Hi ijhu,

Thanks for the DSDT file, but it doesn't seem to help.
All I have to do is rerun Multibeast with that DSDT (unzipped) to my desktop, right?
I've done that and restarted, but it still doesn't show the hardware info under Wi-Fi as in your screenshot.
Does anyone have any other ideas, please?:crazy:

You can unzip and move the DSDT into /Extra folder and over write the other one (backup your own DSDT first)

Just to rule out that you are having the same WIFI combo card. Does it labelled as Atheros AR5B195?
worst case scenario is to replace that card with a AR9280 from ebay.

You can unzip and move the DSDT into /Extra folder and over write the other one (backup your own DSDT first)

Just to rule out that you are having the same WIFI combo card. Does it labelled as Atheros AR5B195?
worst case scenario is to replace that card with a AR9280 from ebay.

Hi ijhu,

Check the attached photo of my combo card.
It's clearly an Atheros AR5B195.
What's wrong with it? It works fine in Windows.
I'm inclined to give up on this hackintoshing. Headache!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 272
That's the same combo card I have.
Do you think you can do a TEST fresh install and use my DSDT? If the result is the same, then I would have to assume that you might be having a "lemon" combo card.

OK. I'll retry with a fresh install with your DSDT.
No, I can't give up. I'd love to own a Hackintosh!

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "lemon" combo card?

OK. I'll retry with a fresh install with your DSDT.
No, I can't give up. I'd love to own a Hackintosh!

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "lemon" combo card?

It means that it could be bad, but it is simply a guess. The 1 thing that I found strange is that your OSX detect Bluetooth off that card while WIFI isn't fully working. But I myself, never had the system detected the Bluetooth side.

You are almost there except for the WIFI card, but it is minor issue with various alternative such as getting a separate card off ebay.
On the other hands, you've indicated that it works fine in Windows. So I would highly recommend a fresh vanilla OSX install and then use my provided DSDT and see what happens next. Make sure you disconnect your Windows HDD.

Most of us using this board with the that combo card works beautifully either with DSDT edit or patched Kext by adding the vendor ID string.

Hi Guys,

I also build my own Hackintosh (10.8.2) with a Zotac Z77 ITX-A-E Mainboard and Intel Coire I3-3235.
Its important for me that the hackintosh go to sleep and wake up fast.

Actually sleep work very quick. To wake up I move the mouse, but it needs ca. 5 minutes until I see the screen and I can work again.
The normaly boot needs less than a minute.

Please help me.

Thanks,
katzenohr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back