Contribute
Register

miramar's Zomac - Zotac Z77ITX - i5 3570K - HD4000 - Mini-ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested new Multibeast 5.2.0's FakeSMC & Plugins. My system will not auto sleep as before. I've reverted to an earlier FakeSMC and got my auto sleep back. If anyone want to try, backup your current FakeSMC first before installing new FakeSMC & Plugins and confirm.

Tested new Multibeast 5.2.0's FakeSMC & Plugins. My system will not auto sleep as before. I've reverted to an earlier FakeSMC and got my auto sleep back. If anyone want to try, backup your current FakeSMC first before installing new FakeSMC & Plugins and confirm.

Sorry, I haven't had time to try the pStates of the new Macmini6,1 system definition yet. Thanks for letting us know your experience re FakeSMC and sleep as I won't be able to test auto-sleep since I'm running OS X Server.

Do you know what was improved or updated in the new FakeSMC?

Do you know what was improved or updated in the new FakeSMC?

From the Z77ITX-A-E point of view, there's nothing noticeable with respect to the FakeSMC. It seems MB 5.2.1 was released today to address certain fixes. I'll test again for Macmini6,1 Pstate & FakeSMC.

EDIT: Tested MB v5.2.1. Same as before only 2 PSTATE. 16,34

Dunno if this helps, but I have a test system (Z77-DS3H / i5-3570K / HD4000) running 10.8.2 that I freshly installed with MultiBeast v5.2.1. It performs manual sleep/wake-up as expected; wake-up is with a single mouse click. It's connected to an IOGear KVM DVI/USB switch with the Targus BT plugged into the KVM's USB hub. So, manual sleep/wake-up works with the above components and MB v5.2.1. I'll test scheduled and auto sleep/wake-up in the near future.

Hi Ijhu & Miramar,

I'm on Zotac Z77ITX-A-E with the bundled Azurewave combo wireless card.
I can't get the wifi working.
I've added <string>pci168c,b</string> to my kext and restarted the machine.
It put this line of code just under the already existing line of <string>pci168c,a</string>.
Is that where it's supposed to be inserted?
Or what else could be going wrong that I can't see my wifi?

Thanks, guys.

Hi Ijhu & Miramar,

I'm on Zotac Z77ITX-A-E with the bundled Azurewave combo wireless card.
I can't get the wifi working.
I've added <string>pci168c,b</string> to my kext and restarted the machine.
It put this line of code just under the already existing line of <string>pci168c,a</string>.
Is that where it's supposed to be inserted?
Or what else could be going wrong that I can't see my wifi?

Thanks, guys.

For this file:

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist

You should see something like this:
Code:
<key>IONameMatch</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>pci168c,30</string>
                                <string>pci168c,2a</string>
                                <string>pci106b,0086</string>
                                <string>pci168c,1c</string>
                                <string>pci168c,23</string>
                                <string>pci168c,24</string>
                        </array>

Just add or modify one of the entries to <string>pci168c,2b</string>

Then touch /System/Library/Extensions so the extensions cache is rebuilt.

Hi Miramar,

Thanks very much for the reply.
This is like a lifeline to me.
Yes, I've added another line to that section of the file.
However, what do you mean by touch? How do I do that?
Actually, that's what I was wondering - something like re-compile for the changes to take effect.

No probs. What you do is open Terminal, it's in Applications/Utilities and type this at the command prompt:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

it'll ask for your password. After that, just restart the PC.

No probs. What you do is open Terminal, it's in Applications/Utilities and type this at the command prompt:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

it'll ask for your password. After that, just restart the PC.

Hi Miramar,

It's me again.
When I touch the extension, I get this popup error message "System extension cannot be used". (with some more details on IO80211Family.kext)
Anyway, I restarted the PC and it came back still without Wi-Fi.

I thought the error might have to do with the fact that I changed permissions of the file Info.plist and its containing folder Contents; so I went back and revert the changes on permissions and re-touched and got no error.
However, after the restart, I still cannot see Wi-Fi.

Is there anything else I may have missed doing?
Do I have to turn Airport on? I don't know how to do so without the machine being able to see the Wi-Fi adapter anyway.

When I say I cannot see Wi-Fi, I mean when I go to System Preferences -> Network and try to add a new connection by clicking on the plus (+) sign, I cannot see Wi-Fi as an option in the dropdown box for Interface. Is this the right way to validate?

Sorry for being such a n00b hackintosher, but please help. -_-"

Thanks in advance. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back