Contribute
Register

miramar's Zomac - Zotac Z77ITX - i5 3570K - HD4000 - Mini-ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the eSata port work with external drives? I tried sending a PM, but they don't seem to send or appear in the sent messages.

Thanks

(Researching for my build, so no parts to list in my signature)

On my H77ITX-A-E, after install JMicro eSata driver from MultiBeast, it works. even hot swap. But Z77ITX-A-E may using different chip (Intel) on eSata.

Does the eSata port work with external drives? I tried sending a PM, but they don't seem to send or appear in the sent messages.

Thanks

(Researching for my build, so no parts to list in my signature)

On my H77ITX-A-E, after install JMicro eSata driver from MultiBeast, it works. even hot swap. But Z77ITX-A-E may using different chip (Intel) on eSata.

Great. Thanks for the reply. I pulled the trigger on the H77. On sale for $99 at NCIX.com.

Hi miramar, thanks for your topic !
I try to use your DSDT with patched bios from samisnake but I get KP on boot.
Impossible to boot even with -x and/or -s on Chameleon :(. I have to make a new clean install.

Do you have any idea of this problem ? Maybe your DSDT is not compatible with patched bios.

Thanks !
Hi nukky, sorry that this is a month late but I finally flashed the patched Z77ITX BIOS from samisnake onto my board and it still works with the DSDT that I was using, the one created when the board was on the stock BIOS. No idea why some people are having KPs. How's your build? Working well?

Miramar, he means the edit to have the AHCI device identified properly in system profiler instead of "Unknown".

i.e. this edit:

Device (SAT0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x03, 0x1E, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Hi Miramar,

Great build and thanks a lot for sharing the update!

Would you mind share your "extra" folder? I am building a similar customac as yours, having Zotac Z77ITX + i7 3770S + Corsair Ripjaws 8Gx2 RAM. I am having KP now unless I use the -f switch. NIC/WIFI are both working. It would be nice to have your "extra" folder as reference for troubleshooting. Thanks!

Later on, if everything goes well, I'll add a GT

flipphos

update:
1.after flashing the patched BIOS, the kp was gone. But I am not sure if QE/CL is enabled.
2. CPU power management works, as I can see from the HW monitor that the CPU shifts among 3465MHz, 3069MHz, 2871 MHz, 2772 MHz and 1585 MHz (by running Kext Utility), which look like states of 34, 30, 28, 27, 15. I guess I might miss one value between 27 and 15, but I don't know.
3. Sleep and wake up works.
4. I put on a power meter. By running Kext Utility, The power meter shows max 48W at 3465MHz and 25W at 1585 MHz.
5. I put on a thinkpad keyboard with trackpoint (FRU 55Y9053), which is plug and play, including the trackpoint.

Hi flipphos,
Sorry for the late reply. Glad to see that you got it working.

2. If you use MSRDumper, you should get a better picture of the PStates. Run it and let us know what you get.

As for my /Extra folder, you probably don't need it anymore but I'll share it anyway. I have 4 files in here.

• dsdt.aml
  • nvram.log
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
  • smbios.plist

dsdt.aml is the same one I posted in this thread.
nvram.log is for restoring the setting for "Find My Mac". Without it, "Find My Mac" is disabled on reboot.
org.chameleon.Boot.plist: Nothing special in here. I only added <key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>1680x1050x32</string>
smbios.plist: Again nothing special in here. I'm using Macmini5,1 and I set my own serial number.

Btw, GT640 works just fine. I used it in a GA-B75M build.

Hi miramar,

got 10.8.2 fully working with pretty the same build. Needed to replace IOAHCIFamily.kext, AppleHDA.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get this done. Anyway now everything is working pretty well
Hi, good to hear it's working. Well, I hope? Why did you need to replace IOAHCIFamily.kext?

Update on my build:

After contacting tech support, I found out the problem with the new bios. I had not updated it with the required command line flags. Feel like an idiot. I have the H77 version of the board working near perfectly with the hacked bios. Most importantly to me, sleep works flawlessly. dual monitors working with the HD4000. Got the audio working with miramar's DSDT and the kext from multibeast. Don't have the wireless working, but don't care. I'll worry about it at some point.

Surprised how fast it is. i3-3225 and sandforce SSD. I think it's mostly the SSD that makes it feel so fast, which is the primary reason I didn't just buy a real Mac mini. Thanks for this guide.
Good to hear that. What SSD are you using? I just replaced the Vertex 2 with a Sandisk Extreme. Fast! But I hope Sandisk get their TRIM probs solved asap.

Miramar,
I posted this on my thread, but I thought it might get lost there so here is the edit I think will give you audio over both HDMI and the DP ports for an Ivy Bridge HD 4000 build.

I believe it is necessary to do the following frame buffer edits to the hex file inside the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext:
Thanks minihack. One of these days I am going to try it. Been too busy with work. Just had time to make a few posts today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back