Intel® Core™ i7-5557U
Graphics
Intel® Iris™ Graphics 6100
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After to attempting to install Mint 18.3 on a USB drive, Clover bootloader (EFI mode) was replaced by Grub. I am positive that I pointed both the OS and bootloader installations at sdd (the thumb drive), but the bootloader installed on the sda EFI partition anyway.

I am now only able to boot into my Mac OS when I have my unibeast thumb drive installed. I have tried reinstalling clover, deleting the "unbuntu" boot folder from the EFI partition, and running multibeast, but nothing has worked. My EFI partition still seems to be intact, but something about Grub installing on it completely screwed up my boot.

Deleting the "unbuntu" folder from EFI simply made it so I had no bootable devices found during startup.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get clover back to as primary bootloader?

Thanks in advance.

Unless you have a backup, get yourself a drive, equal or larger than your existing drive, carbon copy clone it over, wipe your SSD, reinstall OSX and then carbon copy clone it back and copy your EFI folder back too.

I got clover back up and running using the code in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-efi-partition-overwrite-clover.181406/

Now, I can only boot into safe mode. Previously, I could perform a full boot of my OS. I'm wondering what this changed. I'll ask over in the other thread.
The command in that post is wrong. The path to Clover should be \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI.

The EFI\BOOT path has a (different) special function/status on internal and external drives

Thank you, Vulgo. I finally got clover booting by using the command that I linked with the file path that you posted, but it took a bit more doing than that. I'll list the steps below in case someone else comes across this issue.

***Please note that I made a backup folder of my old EFI. That is not listed below, but it is an important step.***
  1. I booted into mint and typed the following command into terminal
    Code:
    sudo efibootmgr --create --gpt --disk /dev/sda --part 1 --label "Clover" --loader "\\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"
  2. I rebooted my computer to see a lovely clover screen. Unfortunately I couldn't boot my mac OS.
  3. I inserted my unibeast bootable thumbdrive, but I still couldn't boot mac OS.
  4. I went into my bios and realized that my internal HD was set ahead of my thumbdrive in the boot order.
  5. I set my boot order to boot my thumb drive.
  6. I booted into mac OS and reinstalled clover to my boot drive.
  7. I copied all of my old EFI files and my config.plist.
  8. Success!
Unfortunately, during this process I lost the ability to use my internal bluetooth. It seems internal bluetooth is hit and miss on the machine that I run. It wasn't really stable to begin with, so it isn't a huge loss.

Thank you, Vulgo. I finally got clover booting by using the command that I linked with the file path that you posted, but it took a bit more doing than that. I'll list the steps below in case someone else comes across this issue.

Please note that I made a backup folder of my old EFI. That is not listed below, but it is an important step.
  1. I booted into mint and typed the following command into terminal
    Code:
    sudo efibootmgr --create --gpt --disk /dev/sda --part 1 --label "Clover" --loader "\\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"
  2. I rebooted my computer to see a lovely clover screen. Unfortunately I couldn't boot my mac OS.
  3. I inserted my unibeast bootable thumbdrive, but I still couldn't boot mac OS.
  4. I went into my bios and realized that my internal HD was set ahead of my thumbdrive in the boot order.
  5. I set my boot order to boot my thumb drive.
  6. I booted into mac OS and reinstalled clover to my boot drive.
  7. I copied all of my old EFI files and my config.plist.
  8. Success!
Unfortunately, during this process I lost the ability to use my internal bluetooth. It seems internal bluetooth is hit and miss on the machine that I run. It wasn't really stable to begin with, so it isn't a huge loss.

you saved my day, thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back