Graphics
GTX-660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
As titled it is minor but it would be great if I can find a fix for it.

When I wake my system up from sleep two things happen:
1. The mouse and keyboard are slow to respond for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Until then I can't type in my password and enter my login. Mouse and keyboard seem to work for a second and then stop many times during the 45s to 1 minute. I do have a Saitak Eclipse II keyboard. Not sure if this is a culprit and if a Apple keyboard (which I am thinking of getting anyway) would solve it. I have the Apple trackpad. It too is non-responsive like the mouse during this 45s to 1min.
2. I receive a message that a device was not properly ejected and it will attempt to repair the drive. I have a usb device plugged in which I believe is the device it is referring to because I don't see it in my sidebar in the Finder. I have to unplug and plug back in the USB device.

Furthermore, I can only put my system to sleep once. After waking up from a sleep it will not go to sleep after that until I shut my system down or restart.

Is there a bios setting which needs to be set to solve this?

I have followed the information from the golden builds for this MB (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH), the graphics driver for the GTX-660, the recommended bios settings as well as the energy saver recommendations. F11 bios is installed. There is a F12e bios available. Not sure this would help any of my issues.

Well I figured out what was causing the wake from sleep issues. I reverted back to the optimized bios settings and the wake from sleep issues went away. I then started to modify the settings and when I messed with the cpu overclocking is where the sleep/wake problems came back.
I tried two different methods of overclocking. One was just increasing the CPU Clock Ratio and the other was increasing the Turbo Ratios. Either one causes sleep/wake issues.

Overclocking is certainly not an absolute necessity but if I would like to overclock this system is there a specific way to do it in order not to bring back the sleep/wake issues I had?

Also, if I select Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) to be Profile1 the issue with wake from sleep arises.

So...it seems that if I mess around with the timing of the memory or overclocking of the cpu the system misbehaves.

Anyone have this MB running OSX 10.8.2 and has successfully overclocked it without issues like this?

I would like to get some info regarding this aswell. I have the same board and pretty sure im seeing the same issues.

Out of interest what bluetooth are you using?

I fiddled around a lot because I had similar sleep issues -- I do not overclock, but I use the same MB. It turned out that if I had the HardwareMonitor kext installed, wake from sleep would kill my mouse and keyboard. While my mouse is a wacom tablet, the keyboard is Apple original, both running through an external USB hub. So, removing the hardware kext (resp. installing the FakeSMC without the plugins) removed that problem for me. Maybe that's worth exploring? I use this MB with a GTX 670, but no Bluetooth, only USB.

Cheers,

Ave

I'm using the IOGear GBU521.

I have had absolutely no sleep/wake issues since removing the overclocking as well as the XMP memory setting.

By Geekbench score of course went down to 12,600 or so from 15,600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back