Contribute
Register

Minimum nVidia graphics required to run MacOS Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this come from the fact that it presenting as X 8 PCI lane while I have plugged in a x16 .Moreover in the last times I have the chance to use it more than previously but while It could regognire it fully,it was very slowly .Maybe it is the card . I had the chance to run a score and I shoesh single core 6000 and multi 30000

Could this come from the fact that it presenting as X 8 PCI lane while I have plugged in a x16

@ilias,

All Intel Desktop class CPU's (even the latest i9 CPU's) only have 16 CPU PCIe lanes ... those lanes are shared across your PCIe Slots (excluding any that go though the PCH which will be limited to x4 max) so if you have any other card card plugged into anther PCIe slot that is serviced by the CPU (even if its only x4 then in most cases you only see x8 lanes on your GPU.

It's a crappy Intel limitation that all of their Desktop CPU's have ... if you want more PCIe lanes then you have to use Workstation Class CPU (XEON) .. Some motherboards implement PCIe lane switches that try to get around this limitation but those switches introduce micro delays in the PCIe bus and can be problematic.

Cheers
Jay

Just grabbed a NVS510 for super cheap...

So being native, does the macos boot screen show or is it a black screen until it boots up?

Hi, someone know if mojave can run with NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce 210?

Hi, someone know if mojave can run with NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce 210?

No, it won't work fully. The 210 does not support Metal, the Apple graphics framework required in MacOS Mojave.

I have GTX 760, which is as I understand natively supported.

But I can't see hardware acceleration, even preview with spacebar in Finder is not working.
Any kexts needed or any options in bootloader?

Is there any particular gt710 I should be buying for a dell optiplex 990 hackintosh system over any others? Ideally I would like to use HDMI so I could use it on a tv possibly down the line. Is this going to be possible

Here is my beauty working 100%, fluid animations, aceleration is working great, also is working normally with a VGA Port i dint tested dual monitor yet. but i would replace Windows 10 Mess Edition :crazy: with this.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-01-29 a la(s) 10.19.22 a. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-01-29 a la(s) 10.19.22 a. m..png
    2.6 MB · Views: 570
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back