Contribute
Register

Minimum nVidia graphics required to run MacOS Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried using a Zotac GTS 450 ECO I had in my draw somewhere and I can now boot without VESA nvdisable=no mode. Not sure if its graphic accelerated but I can now use Chrome Browser and see what I type in the address bar. Fwiw I tried the GTS 710 in another machine and same problem. Really need web browsers from Nvidia like yesterday. May have to go buy an AMD Card. Was thinking of an Asus RX 580 Strix. That should hopefully work OOB?

Thanks

Can you test with a hdmi to dvi adapter?

Can you test with a hdmi to dvi adapter?

Had some success! Tried using an adapter to test the mini hdmi to hdmi adapter on the GT 740 Card connected to hdmi monitor port and when it went to black screen like before I unplugged the hdmi while leaving the machine running and plugged back in the DVI port from before and it synced! Got full hardware accelleration! System Profiler had an extra paragraph describing the monitor's capabilities.

So I rebooted just like before and it went straight to black screen with working cursor again! Unplugged the dvi cable and plugged it back in and after a few many tries unplugging and testing the other dvi port back and forth I got a picture again. So I assume the driver is having trouble connecting to the correct port or something like that. Wonder if there is any way to hard wire this to work every time?

Thanks

Had some success! Tried using an adapter to test the mini hdmi to hdmi adapter on the GT 740 Card connected to hdmi monitor port and when it went to black screen like before I unplugged the hdmi while leaving the machine running and plugged back in the DVI port from before and it synced! Got full hardware accelleration! System Profiler had an extra paragraph describing the monitor's capabilities.

So I rebooted just like before and it went straight to black screen with working cursor again! Unplugged the dvi cable and plugged it back in and after a few many tries unplugging and testing the other dvi port back and forth I got a picture again. So I assume the driver is having trouble connecting to the correct port or something like that. Wonder if there is any way to hard wire this to work every time?

Thanks

Check this thread for editing the Framebuffer.

Theres a lot to study there. Sounds like I need to patch my acpi tables renaming to gfx1. Ok...

Found a fix sort off. Seems like the original Clover UniBeast install USB key works without a hitch. Must be some driver or faulty config.plist.

What is the Nvidia driver for this Mac OS mojave..? For 610
There are none. What you can do is buy the Nvidia Quadro 410 and you'll get performance better than with the GT 610 but it works with Mojave OOB. No drivers needed.

If you need to adapt DP to HDMI get one of these:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back