Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to use my "old" config in order to install Snow Leopard using i-boot. This would hopefully allow me prepare a Lion multibeast installation thumb drive foro a future Z77-based pc (because I do not have access to any MAC to do so currently)

My configuration is as follows :
CPU : Core 2 Duo E4300
MB : P35C-DS3-R (P75 socket)
Graphics Card : NVidia Ge-Force 8600 GT
Ram : 2X1 Gb

My question is : Has any one of you had success in installing SL on A 2 Gb PC ?

repeat:, this would-be SL configuration is not to be used on a day-to-day basis for current computer tasks, but only to install SL 10.6.3 , combo-update to 10.6.8 , then prepare a Lion multibeast thumb drive for installation on a future Z77 hardware config.

Thanks in advance for your replies .

I want to use my "old" config in order to install Snow Leopard using i-boot. This would hopefully allow me prepare a Lion multibeast installation thumb drive foro a future Z77-based pc (because I do not have access to any MAC to do so currently)

repeat:, this would-be SL configuration is not to be used on a day-to-day basis for current computer tasks, but only to install SL 10.6.3 , combo-update to 10.6.8 , then prepare a Lion multibeast thumb drive for installation on a future Z77 hardware config.

AFAIK, there is no minimum ram. I installed on a GA-EP45-UD3P with 1 1Gb stick of ram when i first started - it was all I could afford at the time:mrgreen:.

Originally Posted by HacKDo

Thanks in advance for your replies :.

AN THEN ....

AFAIK, there is no minimum ram. I installed on a GA-EP45-UD3P with 1 1Gb stick of ram when i first started - it was all I could afford at the time:mrgreen:.

HackDo

you dont need to get to 10.6.8 - to get 10.8 - 10.6.6 will allow you to use the App store to purchase the install - and you can prep the USB thmb drive w 10.6.6

So getting to 10.6.6 may be easyier for you that getting to 10.6.8

As to RAM - no low limit ony a high limit - 4GB - more that 4 GB no benifit - less that 2 GB less benifit - smaller swap disk in ram: I have done it w 8GB w/o any issues but I would suggest no more that 4GB.

L8tr

Thanks both of you for your input. So it seems all is set to start a first hack... i have just received my snow leopard dvd and my samsung ssd, together with a molex to sata power adapter and a sata cable... I think that my DVD drive is an IDE one, hope this won't be a problem

I will be dutifully reading Tony's iBoot guide during the next couple of days... And cross fingers ...

HackDo

You know that your looking at Mountain Lion OSX10.8 as OSX10.7 is no longer available from App store. Just so you know.

As to using only 2GB ram - no problem will work - may take a little longer but thats of no consequence.

Do a Google search on your motherboard and the word hackintosh.

HackDo

You know that your looking at Mountain Lion OSX10.8 as OSX10.7 is no longer available from App store. Just so you know.

As to using only 2GB ram - no problem will work - may take a little longer but thats of no consequence.

Do a Google search on your motherboard and the word hackintosh.

Thanks for the info. I have been almost successful in installing SL 10.6.3 + combo update to 10.6.8. I have not used any ddst, just did easybeast and has my ethernet copnnection working so I can browse the web.
My current pc is an old gigabyte , P35C-DS3-R with a 775 socket and a Core 2 duo processor (E4300)

Now I access the Mac app store and try to download Mountain Lion. When I try to buy the app, I get a "An unknown error has occurred" message and which leaves the app store login window open. I *think* that I saw on a thread, which I cannot find any more right now, that it's because the app store detects that the pc is too "old" .

Any idea how to circumvent this ?

CPU : Core 2 Duo0E430

hackDo

Yes a 2 gb config will work but it will work more slowly - also you only need to get to one of these to get to the point of downloading and making a UniBeast Install USB
that would be 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 - so choose your poison.

Also you may want to get the iBootLEGACY cd from downloads and try that also the older MultiBeast 3.7.3

Also make sure that this MB is on BIOS level 4 and use the DSDT file that is available in the DSDT section.

ALso no IDE devices only SATA so get a SATA DVD if you don't have one - Sony Optiarc is best

hackDo

Yes a 2 gb config will work but it will work more slowly - also you only need to get to one of these to get to the point of downloading and making a UniBeast Install USB
that would be 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 - so choose your poison.

Also you may want to get the iBootLEGACY cd from downloads and try that also the older MultiBeast 3.7.3

Also make sure that this MB is on BIOS level 4 and use the DSDT file that is available in the DSDT section.

ALso no IDE devices only SATA so get a SATA DVD if you don't have one - Sony Optiarc is best

Thanks. I have been able to install SL and update it to 10.6.8. For the time being, ethernet is working, which is ok, as my only aim was to have a Mac, and use it to downlaod ML. I used a basic Samsung sata DVD drive and everything went fine.

BUT, my issue now is that , using my current hackintosh config, i.e core 2 duo + 775 motherboard, when i try to downlaod ML from the Mac app store, I gel 'an unknown error has occurred' message when trying to login. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks. I have been able to install SL and update it to 10.6.8. For the time being, ethernet is working, which is ok, as my only aim was to have a Mac, and use it to downlaod ML. I used a basic Samsung sata DVD drive and everything went fine.

BUT, my issue now is that , using my current hackintosh config, i.e core 2 duo + 775 motherboard, when i try to downlaod ML from the Mac app store, I gel 'an unknown error has occurred' message when trying to login. Any idea what is happening?

HackDo

First off when you built the hack did you use the DSDT file to build this from the DSDT downloads section - I suggest that this be used.
Then use MuliBeast userDSDT method.

Also make sure that your BIOS matchs what if required for the DSDT file.

As to the issues your seeing - it something to do w the ethernet device assignment

See this - http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-guides/65144-mac-app-store-unknown-error-has-occurred.html

Read the posts.

I finally was able to download ML by installing a DSDT using the wonderful Multibeast - I am not sure if the DSDT is the one from this site or from somewhere else on the web, but once done, I could access Mac App store and download ML (latest version!) . My motherboard is a Gigabyte P35C-DS3-R rev 1.0, latest Bios (F12). If someone else needs that DSDT, please ask! I will be glad to give back to this forum what it has brought to me up to now.

The DSDT also solved the following issues I was having:

A screen resolution problem : I was on 1024X768 ,and after DSDT I got the expected 1600 X1050 resolution which is the one suited to my hp w2207 display.
On youtube, my browsers would not play the videos saying that I had to update flash, which I already did in effect. After DSDT application, videos play well.

I haven't yet tested other functionalities like sleep. One thing not working for sure currently is sound. During DSDT application, I have tried the audio drivers suited to my motherboard (Realtek ALC889), but to no avail. What is strange is that after vanilla SL 10.6.3 installation, sound was fine. And disappeared as soon as I combo updated to 10.6.8 and applied multibeast (more exactly initially only easybeast so as to be able to boot direct from my HD).

Next step is to purchase an Ivy hardware set and install ML on it, but this will be another story. I do have still many questions and doubts , hope to be able to answer those in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back