i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Am I understanding the Buyers Guide correctly - the CustoMac Mini - using the ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming motherboard - would not require a graphics card in the PCIe slot?

I would like to build my first hackintosh, but do not plan on running any games or graphics intensive applications, and hence would like to allocate more money to the processor and memory rather than the graphics card. What is the minimalist graphics hardware needed for a hackintosh build that is capable of running Mojave? Can I just use a motherboard with onboard graphics?

thanks!

Last edited:
What is the minimalist graphics hardware needed for a hackintosh build that is capable of running Mojave?

Intel UHD 630 graphics, built into any Intel Desktop CPU in the Buyer's Guide. They haven't put onboard graphics on the motherboard for the last 7-8 years or so.

I confess that my first PC build, in 1982 used a Zilog Z80 processor, and my last build was in ~1989, so a lot has changed since then! I have a lot of catching up to do.

Edit: I found this table useful:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units

So any Intel processor with UHD 630 graphics should be able to run Mojave, w/o an external GPU.

Thank you and I love this forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back