Motherboard
Lenovo yoga 3 pro - 1370
CPU
M 5Y71
Graphics
5300 - 3200x1800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, I'm running MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 on my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, and I've managed to make brightness control work using SSDT-PNLF.aml + WEG.
The problem is, setting the brightness to the lowest setting gives out very high brightness, the equivalent of setting the brightness to 30% brightness in Windows.

Any help on how to set the brightness lower would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• EFI-t1c1d1s1.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 90
LOL, I just got the same problem today while starting to tinker with installing OpenCore! Personally, I think this has something to do with NVRAM or the light sensor (that you have to fake if non exists, afaik).

If I find out how to fix my issue, I'll sure make a post here. Otherwise, I would be happy to hear from other guys around here, maybe you got an idea.

@T1C1D1S1

Is your problem still persisting? If so, please send me a screenshot of your About This Mac > System Report > Graphics/Displays.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 6.25.58.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 6.25.58.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 122
@T1C1D1S1

Do you have a dedicated GPU built in? Because that actually seemed to be my issue. After disabling it with an SSDT, my brightness was resolved. This has something to do with having the right PNLF values, I think.

I have the opposite problem. My lowest brightness setting "turns off" the screen goes completely black and the maximum does not seem to be at full screen capability, acceptable with many "stops" in between but just feels a bit dim.

@yoannez

The lowest is supposed to be off, this is proper screen control, we're not in windows here XD.

This could be an SSDT-PNLF issue, check your values in there. What generation CPU do you own?

@BlvckBytes LOL good point!
I'm using: Intel Core i7 (6th Gen) 6600U --- Skylake.

I have the opposite problem. My lowest brightness setting "turns off" the screen goes completely black and the maximum does not seem to be at full screen capability, acceptable with many "stops" in between but just feels a bit dim.
are you using latest SSDT-PNLF from whatevergreen?

are you using latest SSDT-PNLF from whatevergreen?
Thanks for the tip! I am now. I was using the open core laptop guide one for Skylake. The one from Whatevergreen is definitely brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back