Contribute
Register

Minimod's hackintosh - i7 3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you guys get the flashing white square in the upper left of the login screen? (It's intermittent but happens more often that not)

Actually if you log out of OSX you'll see that the square appears wherever the mouse cursor was last positioned before logging out - obviously if you do this via the Apple menu its going to be near the upper left of the screen unless you use the keyboard shortcut - (Shift + Command + Q)

It's no deal-breaker as it doesn't seem to effect anything else in the system, just the login screen.

I did read somewhere it was caused by the GTX 6xxx cards (I have 660 Ti) but I'm almost certain it did this before I purchased my graphics card so just wondered what others experience was.

I've experienced it. it's only happened once so far but I've only booted 4 times so far.

Hey! The little white/gray box at login also appears to me sometimes. It's no big deal, but I really want my system to be perfect. Does someone know why is this happening? I'm using a Radeon 6770 (vanilla, NOT flashed back to 5770) and an i5 3570k.
Any thoughts?

I'm getting that too w/ GTX 680 on the F9 BIOS

Never got to the bottom of the wierd box during login.

I've since set my system to automatically log in so I don't see the flashing square any more.
Login security isn't a big concern for me at home tbh so this 'fix' if youcould even call it that is good enough for me. :)

with the GT640 card did you get the HDMI port to work?
Cheers
AP

How are you liking the Dell U2412M display? That is the monitor that is at the top of my list when I finally decide to buy one, so I wondered if you'd been enjoying it. I've seen some reviews mentioning a pink or green tint. Others have complained about an aggressive anti-glare coating. I was also wondering if the 8ms response time is fast enough to avoid any ghosting issues (when watching a movie for example). Have you encountered any of these issues?

Thanks for your time!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back