Contribute
Register

minimalist, basic powermac G5 mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it I don't think i will bother with cable management since no-ones going to be peering into my case :)

Dobbo said:
Thinking about it I don't think i will bother with cable management since no-ones going to be peering into my case :)

eh..to each his own, i guess. I'd do it so the cables dont impede on airflow and heat. but I guess that's just me..

another thing. Did you wire up the front panel?

Just kidding, I missed it the first time I looked at your pictures..

there isnt enough loose cables to impede airflow.

more importantly, what airflow :shifty:

samisnake said:
there isnt enough loose cables to impede airflow.

more importantly, what airflow :shifty:

haha. This is true, wishful thinking, i s'pose.. :lol:

Dobbo with all due respect, what is your purpose in sharing this conversion with this community?

Everyone here that has completed a G5 Power Mac or Mac Pro conversion takes pride in the re-engineering and craftsmanship involved.

A quick and dirty job is just a quick and dirty job.

neil

If you don't like it neilhart, take it down I don't really give one to be honest. I thought this community was nice but. It seems not as soon as I started the thread people were making nothing but criticisms

Hi Dobbo,
Sorry for all the criticisms. It's not meant as discouragement and there are things we can all learn from each others builds. For instance, you talked about using Ethernet cable on your front panel. That's something that people might like a closer look at to see how you did that.

And most people's comments were just suggestions on stuff that might be useful. There are always though a range of opinions and if we put our work up here for people to comment on, there will always be some things that are not to someone else's taste!!

It's important for those comments to be given constructively and just as important to either take on board (or ignore) the ones we don't like.

Please go back and edit your last post though before someone feels the need to edit it for you.
:|

The people here take great pride in their work, as previously mentioned, so are always rethinking, planning and creating the most original and unique ways to modify a case.

They often take inspiration from mods others have done. Thus, will also want to see new ways to conquer the G5 case. Look at eelhead with the g5 and cubes! Minihack, neilhart regular "moders", if you will.

Every suggestion that has been made, if taken as criticism or not is only to help you get the best out of your machine! Sata disk drive instead of USB - greater speed. Rotating the CPU heatsink/fan better airflow - cooler components = longer lastings components. Adding case fans - improves airflow = cooler operation. Cable management - helps improve airflow. The last two can also be used for aesthetic pleasure.

Lastly.
This is your rig. If you are happy with it. Just leave it.
However, for the most of the people here and myself, we would like to have our mods clean, elegant and also (for the more vain among us :lol: ) respected and praised.

Gus

Well said minihack.

Nothing said here was meant to discourage you from the hackintosh community, modding or sharing your thoughts, knowledge and mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back