Contribute
Register

MiniITX H110 Mainboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally had some time and got Sierra installed and working with graphics acceleration and no glitches.
Had to set gpu memory to 128mb in bios else it crashes on boot.

attached my config just in case somebody may need it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 403
Just installed Sierra 10.12.2 on Gigabyte h110m-s2 (micro-atx), had a few hiccups but everything seems to be working just fine except for one display glitch which ill look into soon enough or maybe not because it only seems to be there on HD530 and I'm waiting for my RX480 to get shipped also this isnt even noticeable if you turn on "Use dark menu bar and dock" under System preferences -> general -> appearance (details on this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-black-flickering-on-top-left-corner.203756/)
didn't really seem to face much problems with anything really except for the sound, finally realised i wasn't selecting the 100 series audio checkbox along with ALC887/888b(image attached) which didn't really fix it after the first reboot but magically started working after a couple of reboots or maybe i made a minor change which i don't seem to remember as i was doing this at 3am.
Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 9.00.58 PM.png

Sleep seems to be working fine for short sleep durations but once I did put it to sleep for a couple of hours and it wouldn't wake up after that.
Also I'm attaching my EFI folder so anyone with similar specs can just use the same folder without making any other changes.
My specs:
Intel i5 6500
Intel HD530
Gigabyte h110m-s2 micro atx
1x16gb Kingston HyperX ddr4
oh and imessage and facetime doesnt work, mail had a few bugs initially like it would download all the mails but wouldnt display any in my inbox, only spam and thrash would display mails. I was able to search for individual mails in spotlight and open them that way but it seems to have solved the problem on itself and is working fine now.
If theres anything I missed it either works or i haven't looked into it, reply to this post here if theres anything and ill get back to you on it.

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 10.48.51 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI(sierra 10.12.2 karans hackintosh).zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
i don't have any display glitch with the hd530.
check my config.plist i attached to the post before yours, the solution may be in there :)

i don't have any display glitch with the hd530.
check my config.plist i attached to the post before yours, the solution may be in there :)

different factors affecting that. and i didn't have any issues during boot so didn't have to bump down my vram. anyway the glitch is really frugal and you cant even notice it unless you constantly keep staring at that particular spot plus, too much of a hassle to deal with it at the moment especially with my rx480 arriving soon. hope it does by christmas :D

Though I haven't yet seen anyone post a build using an H110 (or Q170, Q150, or B150) based motherboard yet, I'd be VERY surprised if there were any problems. All of the 8 & 9-series (Z97, H97, Z87, H87, H81, Q87, Q85, B85) chipsets worked, and I can't think of any reason the other 100-series wouldn't. Be sure to report back if you decide to try it.
Mine kept crashing and stopping at the apple logo on the first install. I tried about 6-7 times and didn't work so now im with ubuntu 16.04

Mine kept crashing and stopping at the apple logo on the first install. I tried about 6-7 times and didn't work so now im with ubuntu 16.04
Thanks for the reccomendation because I bought everything for the hackintosh and didn't work so crap

I cant seem to get audio working on a asus H110i-plus i have tried multicast and the clover script but no luck

Last edited:
my bios settings:
VT-d = disable
XHCI handoff = enable
Os type = Other
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = disabled (i had to update the bios to the latest firmware to get this option)
CFG lock = disabled
Fastboot = disabled
Secure boot = disabled

i also used a usb 2.0 port to install el capitan.
vga does not work but dvi and hdmi work. i don't use any converter.
i saw somewhere that IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = disabled is not needed for 10.11.5 but when i installed i had el capitan 10.11.3 and then used the combo updater to update to 10.11.5

Hello yan.movistar, I do not find CFG lock to be able to disable, you can help me since, I have your same card, thanks in advance

hi angusin,
Sound works fine on my asus h100m plus d3. it's the same specs as your asus h110i except for more pci and usb 3.1.
i installed the ALC887/888b kext with multibeast.
Everything works fine except for sleep, do sleep work for you?

My specs are very basic:
asus h110m plus d3 motherboard
8gb ddr3 kingston memory
intel graphics hd530
intel core i3-6100 3.7ghz

View attachment 199286

I have same specs please guide me with your installation procedure im failing very badly :(

I cant seem to get audio working on a asus H110i-plus i have tried multicast and the clover script but no luck

During post install in multibeast make sure to check ALC887/888b AND 100/200 series audio under audio drivers. I remember making that mistake and flipping out when i found out thats what i had missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back