Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you have this framebuffer in your SSDT.aml : 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D

I have not edited one of these before. May need quick "how to". I assume I open the SSDT.aml that MiniHack provided and add this somewhere in that file?

Here are the specs on the Intel 4400

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0a16
Revision ID: 0x0009

Hi,

10.10.2 is Out!!! Can we update? If yes, how can we do that? We just need to update via app store? Sorry but i am new with Clover.

@tr43

you should have any issues updating to 10.10.2 from the app store. you may need to re-apply any kexts you're using (like audio) afterwards. i updated my nuc w/o issues.

@Sebinouse

That worked!

Thank you very much!

I tried the 10.10.2 update today and I noticed a few changes :

Handoff :
Code:
<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>BCM94352 Handoff</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>SIXAdFwPt0g=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>Qb4PAAAA61k=</data>
</dict>
5 GHz wifi :
Code:
<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>BCM94352 5 GHz</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>WFQAXRlUIQAA</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>WFQAjahetgAJ</data>
</dict>
Apple Logo 2nd stage boot:
Code:
<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>Bootloader Graphics - Second Stage Patch</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>QYjE6xE=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>QYjE6zE=</data>
</dict>

For some obscure reason the audio doesn't work for me neither ... it's OK when I patch AppleHDA.kext manually or when I use a Maverick AppleHDA_ALC283.kext !!!

I'll try to find out more about that ...

I tried the 10.10.2 update today and I noticed a few changes :

For some obscure reason the audio doesn't work for me neither ... it's OK when I patch AppleHDA.kext manually or when I use a Maverick AppleHDA_ALC283.kext !!!

I'll try to find out more about that ...

Hi @Sebinouse

Like 10.10.1, the audio patch isn´t working for me :( I can´t get audio in 10.10.2 with provided patch. I can only get audio with WonkeyDonkey´s AppleHDA. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

I tried 10.10.1 again and I didn't manage to create the injector ...

I gave a closer look and I was using an old version of it : at that time, I was experimenting under 10.9.5 and 10.10.1 ... and the injector of 10.9.5 worked on 10.10.1 ...

Here is the patch I used to create an actual AppleHDA.kext for our ALC283 that you can install with KextWizard ...

Attachments

• Patching_AppleHDA_Sebinouse.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 180
I tried 10.10.1 again and I didn't manage to create the injector ...

I gave a closer look and I was using an old version of it : at that time, I was experimenting under 10.9.5 and 10.10.1 ... and the injector of 10.9.5 worked on 10.10.1 ...

Here is the patch I used to create an actual AppleHDA.kext for our ALC283 that you can install with KextWizard ...

Hi!

Thank you, your patch is working well in 10.10.2! :D

Hi all,

Sorry I have been quiet for a while. A couple of reasons for silence on this.

1. I got sucked in to work and did not have time to look at the boards.
2. I have not used the NUC much recently as I am having long hangs with it before it takes me to the Clover screen - i.e. POST taking a VERY long time. So I think that my NUC is not well.....if my NUC does stop working then I will not be replacing it with the same and will upgrade, but for the moment it seems fine ONCE it actually gets to Clover.

Anyway, long story short all is working fine in 10.10.2 with just a few changes in the config.plist. There is no need for any other real changes and for me the audio injection works just as well as it did before (i.e. original AppleHDA.kext and using injector gives everything except mic.). Also with the changes to configdata suggested before by Sebinouse together with a couple of other changes do seem to give a fairly stable mic/line in option.

I'll fire up my NUC and then post the files I am using up here as soon as I get a chance!

EDIT: files added! One thing I am noticing (and not sure if this is due to my NUC developing problems or my TV) is that after sleep although I get audio coming through I am needing to replug HDMI for video.

Attachments

• 10.10.2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back