Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional information for the question above:

After a while, an error message with a yellow triangle popped up from the system -
System extension cannot be used
The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I did drag-and-drop of that kext into that folder. Is there a better way to install properly?

Hi
I just installed 10.10.1 in my intel nuc following this guide. Everthing works perfectly fine but i have no analog audio. I applied the patch and installed the created kext with kext wizard but it isn´t working, i also rebuild kernel cache and repaired permissions. What do i need to do?

It should be OK ...
You can try once again, and don't hesitate to repair permission and reboot several times.

I used to have the same "error" when I was trying to make the MIC work : I reverted to the previous version and it worked ... Do you have a 10.10 version of AppleHDA_283 that you can try ? or Did you try 10.10.1 from scratch ?

It should be OK ...
You can try once again, and don't hesitate to repair permission and reboot several times.

I used to have the same "error" when I was trying to make the MIC work : I reverted to the previous version and it worked ... Do you have a 10.10 version of AppleHDA_283 that you can try ? or Did you try 10.10.1 from scratch ?

Hi I have 10.10.1 version of Apple HDA, i will try to do that process again, several times.

EDIT: Now sound is recognised but it has very very very bad quality and makes a lot of noise. What can i do?

Please Can Someone help me??? I have no analog audio, i created several times the kext, installed it many times, removed it very times, repaired permissions and rebuild kernel cache several times and still have no audio.

EDIT: Reinstalled OSX and still have no audio. I applied the patch again and installed the generated kext and i have no analog audio. Please can someone help me?

Quick solutions for analog audio (from the easiest to the best, according to me) :

- Use WonkeyDonkey's Solution : old patched AppleHDA.kext, not update friendly (it's a depreciated file), poor quality (mono on both channels), need a trick in Utility/AudioMIDI.app (see his very detailed 1st post) and no MIC.

- Use VoodooHDA : I don't remember if it works or not ...

- Use Toleda's solution : patch current AppleHDA.kext, need to be done at each update but the file is always up to date and no MIC.

- Use Minihack's patch with my files : same as Toleda's with MIC ... works for me ...

Hi, I solved the problem using WonkeyDonkey´s AppleHDA but its not perfect :(
I don´t know why but i can´t use minihack´s patch, i install the kext and it simply don´t work

For the i3 model - NUC Kit BOXD34010WYKH1 would there be any required changes to the config.plist? I cloned my i5 to my i3 and it seems to work but there are some strange video artifacts that pop up that may be related to not having the right configuration. The NUC Kit BOXD34010WYKH1 uses an Intel HD Graphics 4400.

For the i3 model - NUC Kit BOXD34010WYKH1 would there be any required changes to the config.plist? I cloned my i5 to my i3 and it seems to work but there are some strange video artifacts that pop up that may be related to not having the right configuration. The NUC Kit BOXD34010WYKH1 uses an Intel HD Graphics 4400.

Make sure you have this framebuffer in your SSDT.aml : 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back