Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your awesome guide,

I'm confused with these two choices in the UniBeast installer.

Which one should I choose, or neither?

I hope anyone can help me.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither. If you mouse over each one, you'll see that they don't apply to your system. Just press Continue.

Anyone having issues with the video quality when playing YouTube videos at the full screen setting? Hadn't tried this until today. This is only YouTube thus far and only when selecting the full screen button. The only way I can describe it is that the video colors seem to drop from millions to 16. Playing a video file in QT at full screen is not impacted. Could this be something with Flash. I am running video out of the DP port. Have not tried the mini HDMI.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Only happening in Firefox. No issues in Safarai.

Same results when you try to read a video x264/10bit with a non 10 bit compatible player (PLEX is non x264/10bit, VLC is OK).

My guest is that Youtube uses mp4/x264/10bit for full screen videos to reduce bandwidth by a 1/3 approximately and Firefox isn't compatible for the time being ...

Just press Continue.

Stork is right : we don't use the features of Unibeast, we only use it to create easily an installer, and then we make it bootable with clover ... we don't use neither Chimera nor /Extra folder's content ... so it really doesn't matter ...

@ Stork, Sebinouse
Thanks for your quick answers!

I have some more questions about the installation:

1.) Should I update to the latest bios (0033) version before installation?

2.) After Clover installation to my USB-stick it is written, that I must replace the folders "kext" and "ACPI" with the ones from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip". Do I have to change something in the folders "kext" and "ACPI" from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip" before copy them or just take them as they are? Because I saw in the "kext" folder that there is one subfolder called "10.9" and one "10.10" - must I delete the subfolder "10.10", if I install Mavericks or does the installer automatically recognize this?

Thanks again for your help!

1) I think this guide can be used with almost any latest bios version : we use SSDTs(non bios related) which "bypass" the DSDT (bios related) ... so I think it's OK. Maybe you should first try with the old bios and then update eventually ...

2) SSDTs files have to be in /EFI/ACPI/Patched/ directory. Kexts files has to be in the /EFI/kext/10.9/ directory for Maverick and in /EFI/kext/10.10/ for Yosemite. Basically you can have both (and also .../10.6/, .../10.7/, .../10.8/ ...), you can also have a /EFI/kext/other/ to share the kext for several version of OSX ...

@foxylady77 - I'm on 0033 w/o any major issues

Great answer. I'll stay clear of FF until they resolve this. Not a big fan of Safari but that will have to do for now.

@ Stork, Sebinouse
Thanks for your quick answers!

I have some more questions about the installation:

1.) Should I update to the latest bios (0033) version before installation?

2.) After Clover installation to my USB-stick it is written, that I must replace the folders "kext" and "ACPI" with the ones from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip". Do I have to change something in the folders "kext" and "ACPI" from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip" before copy them or just take them as they are? Because I saw in the "kext" folder that there is one subfolder called "10.9" and one "10.10" - must I delete the subfolder "10.10", if I install Mavericks or does the installer automatically recognize this?

Thanks again for your help!

I've been running 0033 with both 10.10.1 and 10.9.5 and no issues at all.

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful guide!

I was able to follow easily to install 10.10.1 on my NUC.

Everything went smoothly except one thing that Ethernet. I still don't have Ethernet even after following the guide.

1. I removed AppleIntelE1000e.kext v.2.4.14 from EFI Kexts folder, and installed in Macintosh HD/S/L/E folder
2. Then, I restarted after repairing Disk Permissions.

Ethernet is not listed in Network Preferences, and when I try to add, I only see VPN, PPPoE and 6 to 4 listed in the Interface pull down menu.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back