Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I get a different result is I reported deleting the wrong patch. Looking back, it was the IOGraphicsFamily patch I deleted, not the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul patch.

I noticed when posting my config.plist that it didn't have a serial number. I suppose I'd replaced it at some point an never updated with a new serial. I created a new serial via Clover Configurator and rebooted... or at least attempted to. My NUC now hangs on boot, even when trying to boot in safe mode. Looks like I'll be rebuilding and restoring from Time Machine as I can't think of anyway to mount my msata disk on another machine.

Something is wrong with your config.plist but I don't see what.

you can try 3 things:
1. revert to your previous config.plist
2. Give a look to clover boot log/debug
3. Disable Boot->Debug in clover

The problem is in the EFI partition not in your MacOSX partition, so TM or fresh install won't help this (except if you also modify the content of your EFI partition).

EDIT: Maybe I misread what your wrote. Is your boot slow after or before the clover screen ?

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 102
I'm in the same boat. I can't even get my usb installer to boot now either so I'm SOL without a computer. Any help would be great.

mjayp991, thanks for uploading the config.plist file.

I currently having the same problem Th3rdBorn is having. Strangely, I can't even boot from USB anymore! I even tried to boot from Windows 7 CD, and formatted mSATA drive inside, but my USB with 10.10.3 installer would not boot... It just hangs on Apple logo.

Should I try to make the USB installer with 10.10.2? Please help!

@Sebinouse - It was hanging during boot (after Clover). After calming down after borking my machine, I realized my problem was with just the EFI partition, but I had no way of actually mounting it (I should invest in an msata to sata adapter). I briefly considered booting the machine with a Linux usb drive, but I've never had much luck writing to HFS filesystems with Linux and couldn't remember how the EFI partition is formatted.

Ultimately I was able to boot from a fresh Yosemite install usb drive and replaced the entire Clover directory on my EFI partition with a new one I pre-prepared. My NUC boots fine now.

I was able to boot with 10.10.2 USB, and reinstall a fresh copy. I'll try 10.10.3 update again.

has anyone braved the 10.10.3 Supplemental Update yet?

***update *** applied without issue

Attachments

• 2015-04-17_15-12-26.png
    2015-04-17_15-12-26.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 127
has anyone braved the 10.10.3 Supplemental Update yet?

***update *** applied without issue
I applied the update which included the supplemental, and all working after setting the "ig-platform-id" and removing the IOGraphicsFamily "Second Stage Boot" patch from the config.plist

Question: Has anyone found a new patch to fix the graphics corruption during boot up ?

how does this thing perform as a source for 4K?

Excellent guide minihack; thanks so much.

I followed your instructions and everything was working great until recently.

I am using a USB mouse and keyboard, and from time to time I lose all my USB devices mid-session, for (apparently) no reason.

At first I thought the UI was freezing because I could no longer type or move the mouse, but I have logged in remotely with another mac and can operate the UI with full functionality.

When I plug new USB devices in, the NUC does not pick them up, so it is this that I have used to make my diagnosis of "losing USB devices".

I have tried unticking legacy USB in UEFI, but to no effect.

Is there anything I can do to further diagnose/fix the problem?

Note that a hard reset is required, but everything is fully functional post-reset.

Thanks again for the excellent build/guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back